We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant help

minnesota
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant help

We have these restaurants picked out for our week in Tahoe June 2-9: River Grill, Lakeside Beach Grill, River Ranch, Garwoods, The Beacon, and Sunnyside Lodge. They were picked mostly for the lakeside views. Can you tell me how dressy or casual they are? Which one would be best for a birthday dinner? Also, any suggestions for lunch places? We are eating at Firesign one day. Thanks!!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant help

I have eaten at them all and you can dress casually like most places at the lake. Garwoods & Sunnyside I have boated in at the end of the day of being on the lake so shorts and t shirts. I have also gone to Sunnyside for Mother's Day brunch and other dinners so you can really wear whatever you're comfortable in but relaxed is fine too especially if you eat on the decks

Riva Grill at the Marina and Beacon at Camp Richardson also have a relaxed atmosphere including on their decks.

River Ranch is fantastic for lunch. Enjoy watching the rafters navigate the last set of rapids and exit the river. Very casual especially if you eat on the patio.

Lakesdie Grill is actually right on the lake just out of the sand. People just walk up from the beach so maybe a coverup over a suit and a shirt for the guy. Casual and relaxed if you haven't been at the beach.

minnesota
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant help

Thanks, that is very helpful for packing!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,052 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant help

We never miss Jason's Beachside Grille, on the north shore in King's Beach, if you will be in that area.

http://www.jasonsbeachsidegrille.com/

We usually have lunch at River Ranch when we get off the rafting trip, but a few years ago we went for dinner outside on the pretty patio. Half way through we were being eaten alive by mosquitos, and the staff came out with bug spray for us.

minnesota
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant help

Thanks for Telling about Jason's. I looked at their menu and we will definitely go there. I am trying to stay $25 and under for dinners and that seems to be difficult to do. I don't think we can go to Gar Woods.

I hope it's not that buggy when we go to River Ranch, but we will go prepared! Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant help

Ok full moon on the lake while you are there. Go to Garwoods for an after dinner drink or dessert just to see the moon on the lake.

minnesota
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant help

Thanks for the idea! I will do that Suzie :)

minnesota
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant help

Thanks for the idea! I will do that Suzie :)

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant help

Now that sounds good to me. A full moon over the Lake at Gar Woods. Be sure to bring a sweater or jacket as it gets cool after the sun goes down. I have yet to try one of their Wet Woody's--- it is still on my must do Tahoe list. However, I just don't like the idea of having a drink and then driving.

They have one of the best Lake Tahoe live web Camera's

http://www.garwoods.com/webcam.html

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,052 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant help

That's a beautiful view at sunrise. Thanks for the link of the lake.

10. Re: Restaurant help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:40
Get answers to your questions about Lake Tahoe (California)