We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early December

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Early December

Is it worth going to Lake Tahoe if I'm not a skier in the first week of December? Is it too cold to walk around? Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early December

It's hard to say. Some years it doesn't snow so much in Tahoe in December, other years it snows a bunch. What kinds of activities were you wanting to do?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early December

I'm going with my mom who is 74 y.o., so just sightseeing or eating. Nothing strenuous. Will be staying in one of the timeshare locations, like Marriot Timber Lodge, etc. Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,841 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early December

We went to Tahoe for a week at Thanksgiving one year, with the first week of Dec.just a few days later. It was a no snow year for us, the family hoped to ski and sleigh ride, etc.

It is not too cold to walk around, take a lake cruise, drive around a bit. Not a whole lot to do between seasons but it was still wonderful to be in the mountains.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early December

It will be cold, but not so much that you can't walk around. The area around Heavenly Village is a nice area for a walk. Even without snow - as CAnative says: if is wonderful to be in the mountains.

Make sure your mom has good footware, as it will probably be icy.

5. Re: Early December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Lake Tahoe (California)