We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor looking for advice

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor looking for advice

My wife and I will be visiting Lake Tahoe for our first time. For reference here is our plan for our of a northern California trip:

We will start in the the Napa Valley wine country(2 nights) before coming to Lake Tahoe. We will go to Yosemite (4 nights) after Tahoe and then to Sequoia National Park (1 night) followed by Monterey/Carmel area (3 nights)with the trip ending in San Francisco ( 4 nights).

I am looking for suggestions of places to stay on the lake with us arriving on Saturday the 25th and leaving on Monday the 27th of May (Memorial Day) spending 2 nights in the area. (I know the area will be busy over the holiday weekend.)

We are not looking to gamble.

A view of the lake from the hotel would be nice.

We are not sure exactly what we will do in the area but Inspiration Point and Eagle Falls Trail in the Tahoe City area sound interesting.

THANKS for the input!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor looking for advice

Inspiration Point and Eagle Falls are in the Emerald Bay area close to South Lake Tahoe. The Vikingsholm usually opens Memorial Day weekend so that's a good time to go to Emerald Bay. It will be crowded but it won't be as bad as in August.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitor looking for advice

Check out the Hyatt Resort in Incline Village, which is a hotel at the lake. We stay there every summer and drive to all areas of the lake. They have bikes on their property, where you can ride the path on lakeshore drive. Great pool, fire pits around the property, Lone Eagle Lounge lakeside.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-laketahoe/index.jsp…

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitor looking for advice

I think we have decided on the Alder in south Lake Tahoe.

It gets great reviews and I know it doesn't have a view of the lake. Any comments?

4. Re: First time visitor looking for advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:18