We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

I loved Lake Tahoe, particularly the western side of it (didn't get to the eastern side). Saw amazing sights. Met such nice, laid back people. Really enjoyed it.

Stayed at the Three Peaks Resort, which was super cute and cool, very laid back and woodsy. I explored at the Taylor Creek nature area, which was SO pretty and amazing with the salmon spawning and reports of bears. I walked the trail along Emerald Bay to Cascade Falls---got horribly lost, but was aided by so many nice people on the trail. Visited Tahoe City and the lovely art gallery there supporting local artists.

Just wanted to recognize what a great place this is and thank everyone who helps make it so. I would love to return--if only for those amazing pinecones and the view of Lake Tahoe--which is spectacular from any vantage point.

Treasure this amazing natural resource! So nice to see it not too over developed or commercialized. So many cool little shops and eateries. What a great place to visit!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the TR. glad you had a great time

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,025 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

What a nice review of your time in Lake Tahoe. It is indeed a great place to visit.

We always love visiting the Taylor Creek area, and do so from time to time on our yearly visits. You do meet friendly people, LT is a happy place to visit.

Hope you return soon.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

I love Tahoe! Glad you enjoyed it too.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

I am glad you had a nice trip. Three Peaks is in a great location. Congratulations to the Boston R-Sox's!

Level Contributor
35,221 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

So glad you enjoyed Lake Tahoe.. it is a beautiful place! :)

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

Lets go Red Sox!!! What an awesome year, I was lucky to see 8 games this year, 3 in LA (awesome series) 3 in Oakland and 2 back home at Fenway in late September!! I grew up in Needham but moved West 30 years ago, been in Tahoe for the last 11 years.

Glad you had a great trip, hope you make it back soon. Great trip report, sounds like you did a lot of fun activities.

7. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:18