We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

We normally stay at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort since my kiddos love to the pool. It is the kind that you hop in the pool inside and then swim to go outside and the whole thing is heated enough they are comfortable. They love watching the snow fall while they are in the pool.

They are remodeling so no pool so need to find something similar. I posted here because my first choice is south lake Tahoe, but we are skiing and not anywhere particular so could be open to the north side of the lake or even Reno.

Any recommendations?

Jenn

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

Did you check out the Hyatt Hotel in Incline Village, or the Hyatt High Sierra t/s on the same property? You didn't post a budget, but here are the links.

They have a swim in and out pool entrance just before the Spa and Fitness Center.

The free shuttle comes by the lobby every half hour to take you a mile up the road to Diamond Peak if skiing.

…hyatt.com/en/…hotel-features.html

http://laketahoe.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

http://diamondpeak.com/

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

Here's a wager that when the LTVH property opens, it will be more expensive. Sounds like a great thing to have - but only if the other aspects of the property upgrade. In the meantime, people will want to find alternatives.

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

Thanks, I haven't stayed at the Hyatt but a definite possiblility. Is there anything else? We are local so budget is a bit flexible. I am more concerned about which hotel and then when I see something halfway decent value I will book. I've stayed at the Marriott Timber Lake before and that was pricey but worth it! (not a good pool set up for the kiddos)

Jenn

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,933 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

The pools at Northstar are not indoor entries, but really nice pools once you get in.

The Hyatt, Ritz and Village Lodges all have pools and I am pretty sure that condos rented through Northstar still get pool privileges in the Village.

northstarcalifornia.com/info/ski/trip-planni…

northstarcalifornia.com/info/ski/trip-planni…

5. Re: Heated Swim In/ Swim Out pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:17