We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

Hello

So without going into all the details we basically have a choice between two nights staying in Lake Tahoe or Bend but only one night in the other. So basically if we choose two in Lake Tahoe we only have one in Bend and vice versa.

Given this restraint and that we have already been down the West Coast from Portland to LA and then inland and that we like hiking and nature which would you do?

I realise that by putting this question in this forum i might get a little bias but any help is appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
LA
Level Contributor
11,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

Although Bend is really nice little city, I don't think of hiking as much in Bend as I do in the Sierra Nevada range. More hiking in Lake Tahoe. But, really much more hiking in Yosemite or even the Mammoth Lakes or Sequoia area.

Mentioned in this post
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
Sierra Nevada
Sierra Nevada
7 Reviews
California
Mammoth Lakes
Mammoth Lakes
California
UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

Oh that is interesting. Just to help others with advice here is a little more info:

Basically this is part of a larger road trip which will see us going down the West Coast of the USA and back up in the interior. This part represents the last week of a four week trip. Our car hire ends in Seattle on 29th June at midday and we leave Yosemite on 24th. So I am filing in those days. Probably would have been easier for me to mention that :)

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

So would we be better off skipping Lake Tahoe and staying in Mammoth instead?

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Lake Tahoe or Bend for two nights (with only 1 in the other)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:15