We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
718 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Larkspur in mill valley prices for end of August have gone

up 150.00, what about acqua hotel in mill valley? Dated? Heard it's like the BW corte madera, more of a motel, thoughts? Thanks

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

That's where we stay because they have pet friendly rooms. It has the feeling it tries to be upscale, but the furnishings are not high quality. Often there are weathly people staying there being chaffered in Bently's--last time we were there. Or driving super cars. It must be a safe area to stay. There is a Ferrari dealer next door, perhaps that is why? Marin seems really safe anyway.

Pros: the beds are comfortable, coffee is amazing! I haven't had the breakfast, but have read it is really good.

Cons: staff could be more professional. I was suprised that the man checking me in was wearing a ratty hemp bracelet. It just didn't seem professional. Last time I was there, at check in they told me they were changing my room & that pets were not usually allowed in that room. I think it had something to do with the Bently people, but I felt like I was imposing--I had made the res. months in advance. The room wasn't as nice as the pet room! Anyway, because of this I have been searching for a new place, but the price might bring me back.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 01:08
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Acqua started out as a motel. Was rehabbed by the JDV group and now belongs to the "Marin Hotel Collection."

Perhaps over your budget but take a look at the Mill Valley Inn: www.marinhotels.com/mill-valley-inn/home

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Lots of the rooms are open to the bay. We slept with our sliding door open during a storm & I didn't hear any cars. I have exceptional hearing btw.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 01:27
Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Yes, The Mill Valley Inn would be an excellent pick!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Mill Valley Inn location is great. Right in the center of town, walkable to excellent dining. Loads of little town atmosphere; in fact, it reeks of it.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
718 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

Thank you all, the Mill Valley Inn sounds great, but it's about 90.00 more per night than Acqua. Really the hotel is just going to be our home base for sleeping, so as much as I'd like to, I have to stay in budget and hope Acqua measures up somewhat to the Mill Valley Inn.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

I don't think you can compare the two, but I think you'll be comfortable at Acqua.

8. Re: waited too long, now larkspur hotel has gone up...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2016, 03:17