We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at marbella beach hotel now

Which Agios Ioannis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
at marbella beach hotel now

Bring some good books if your coming. Its all a bit stranded in paradise. Actually if it will fit in your luggage bring a couple of sunloungers too lol

17 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Wifi extremely patchy but gonna use this thread for daily observations. Hope no-one minds. Just ignore me ;)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

You go ahead Purple C.....it will help fellow travellers who may be going to Marbella Beach Hotel...

Enjoy your holiday!

Fi

Edited: 28 May 2014, 15:05
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Thanks FL! We are on half board which even with high drinks prices i think is preferable. Great breakfast. Don't expect much variety of fresh fruit. Plentiful olives cheeses and salads at dinner. Struggling slightly as a vegetarian but no danger of going hungry! I don't usually do dessert but the local pastries have me tightly in their grip. Decent coffee. Sparkling water at dinner 4.80 for 75cl. Bottle of unchilled water in hotel shop 50c. Pool lovely and not too cool. Couldn't find a poolside shower. Staff really friendly and engaging. No need for lunch - you could eat your weight in complimentary potato chips at the bar. However a 500cl drink has twice been short measures but I promise not to get all Glaswegian about it. PROPER CHILLIN :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Notes to self: breakfast is my favourite meal of the day here and definitely the easiest one for vegetarians. No bubbly this morning though so plain unadulterated orange juice and good coffee for me! Try not to walk into the clear plate glass bathroom door again just keep it open for your heads sake. The sun has come back. Woohoo!

Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Please let the sun stay out for me!! getting to Corfu Monday night and will not be happy if its raining although still better than being at work ! hope you are having a fab holiday - what resort are you in ?

Barton upon Humber
Level Contributor
351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Keep the updates coming Purple. Lol at the glass door. I have had those problems too in the past. Normally after an Ouzo or 3 !

Glad the sun has made a well welcomed returned. Enjoy your day baking in the sun.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Thanks folks. The marbella beach hotel is a bit out on a limb. The nearest place with shops and a few more tavernas would be the twin villages of moraitika and messonghi. I spotted a lovely looking taverna called zaks there this morning but I was sadly too early for opening time. Bad planning! Taxi from the hotel to the taxi rank near zaks is 9e. Now poolside at the hotel with a cool pint of fix scanning the horizon for a free sunbed. If it takes a while I may be inebriated by swim-time but I will at least be jolly ;)

Edited: 30 May 2014, 11:09
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Hiya Purple.........how's your holiday going....have you walked into the shower door again? lol

Fi xx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Fabuloso Fi thanks! Got some more tips and observations if anyone's interested? No hotel is perfect in every way, but I would most definitely recommend the Marbella Beach Hotel.

Gin and Tonic - 8.30euros: Unlike many 4 or 5 star hotels I've stayed that also do all-inclusive, the Marbella doesn't seem to bring out the premium drinks to pour them at the table so you can see that you are getting. To be sure I wasn't getting the cheapy brand which seemed to be the default, I made a point of specifying Gordon's Gin or Bombay Sapphire and thats what I got.. Thanks to the reviewer who gave a heads up on that.

Bloody Mary - 8.50 euros: The worst bloody mary I have ever tasted was just some unbranded vodka topped up with tomato juice and some ice. The adding of condiments was a DIY affair. The problem here was that they use a tomato juice that resembles tomato 'water' so it didn't really pack any kind of punch and was quite revolting.

Margharita - 9 euros: Not bad, but not great either

The greek wines including rose (which I don't normally like) were relatively decent and on some kind of special offer (priced from 10.50 euros a bottle) so after our brief forays into cocktail drinking we stuck with wine and beer.

Hot moneysaving tip:

The hotel is currently offering its guests complimentary trips by boat from the hotel's own beach to

Corfu town for a day trip, or an evening trip, plus a short sunset cruise around the bay complete with a few drinkipoos. Not to be missed! Three hours in Corfu Town after a 'sail' along the stunning coast line has to be a highlight of the trip and the crew were lovely. You need to go to reception to get your name down for one of these trips pronto as the boat isnt huge. Its advertised on the board in the main lobby.

I think my head has recovered from its meeting with the glass bathroom door, but maybe thats why I couldn't see the pool showers that were there all along - just the other side of the bar, and its not as if I didn't go to that bar ever single day! For shame:)

Edited: 06 June 2014, 14:30
Scunthorpe
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: at marbella beach hotel now

Good Morning.

We will be staying at Marbella in 4 weeks- we are staying Half Board so we can enjoy both the hotel and a couple of meals and drinks outside- Any suggestions In nearby villages on tavernas and nice food? Ive been reading some reviews in Moraitika but any hints would be welcome. Cheers

Thank you Jo

Reply to: at marbella beach hotel now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Ioannis
Recent Conversations
More Agios Ioannis Topics