We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

Which Sani hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
Level Contributor
180 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

Just been quoted an extra £27 per person, per night for a sea view room. Resulting in an extra £567 on top of an already expensive holiday price.

Come on thomas cook give us a break!!!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

This is a very good reason, why you do a research all by yourself, you book flights and hotels all by your self, so that you don't get extra charges like that. It's always better to communicate straight with a hotel owner rather than have many intermediates in between.

That's just my opinion about it.

I hope you 'll find your way into cutting some of all this extra money.

Yannis.

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

Hi

Why not email the hotel direct and ask them for a sea view room?

Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

Or spend a dollar or 2 and phone the hotel.Email is great,for some thing's.When it is important,I always take the time to phone,more personable.

It has worked for me.

mamasboy

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

The hotels charge extra for a sea view room. Thomas cook is just passing on the cost.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

This extra amount of money just for a sea view is way to high. Whether its due to the hotel or thomas cook its still high. I mean if you consider that in the same area (Kassandra paninsula) you can rent a two bedroom appartment 20 meter away from a semi-privite beach for 120 euros(high season prices) per night, the 640 euros that they are asking just for the sea view is something to consider seriously.

You can get prices like that for apartments and hotels but you must book it directly with the owner. Some owners are also willing to provide transfer from/to the airport. Especially now with the Greek financial crisis you can get quality holidays in good prices.

6. Re: Thomas Cook - Extortionate Sea view supplements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Sani