We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Lugano (Switzerland)
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Dear all,

I am posting to seek some advice relating to the Melissa Crèche Club at Sani Beach Club:

- do any of you have experience with their service? Positives and negatives?

- does someone know which rooms (we booked a double room, ground floor, with sea view) are most convenient for the Crèche and are also nicely located? We don't mind walking, but having in mind to use the daycare service daily, we would like to be close to it;

Other general questions:

- do you think the water might be too cold for my toddler to splash in the sea and pools last week of May and first week of June?

- I read on their site that there is a "medical center 24h" but they don't say more: does anyone know how it is? Is it a doctor living on site and available? Because from what I saw it seems like the nearest hospital, in case of emergencies, would be in Thessaloniki.... (I know, I know, I just like to be prepared for all scenarios... ;))

- we are a vegetarian family: anyone able to say if there are good alternatives to meat and fish or do we risk coming home with less weight on our hips? ;)

Thank you so much for any advice you can share, it's very appreciated!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
785 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Hi there,

I would like to express my opinion only for a couple of the above matters.

Starting from the last one... I would say that being a vegeterian is something that should not worry you at all while staying at such big hotel with many restaurants. You will be able to find alternatives on your daily diet.

Moreover, as far as a hospital is concerned , you should keep in mind that there is a small one at Kassandra, a bigger one at Nea Moudania, and then if it is something more complicated there are many at Thessaloniki. Starting from Kassandra, I should inform you that it's not more than 20 mins away from Sani (more or less), while Nea Moudania should be around 30 mins or so.

As far as the water is concerned, yes it should probably not be very warm for a toddler yet , however keep in mind that at one of Sani beaches, the waters are not deep so you should give it a try there, as the possibilities of having better water temperatures are higher. I am sure that there will be some kids pools as well though, that you will be able to give it a go too.

I hope that for the rest of your questions, you will get some answers from another member as I am not able to help you on those.

Regards,

Yiannis.

Lugano (Switzerland)
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Dear Jmal27,

thank you so much for your useful advice and help, highly appreciated! :)

Greetings from Switzerland,

Serena

Bude, United Kingdom
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Hi,

The Melissa crèche and childcare facilities are brilliant at both sani beach club and sani beach hotel, the staff are all uk trained and show much enthusiasm for the work they do. there are activity timetables available from reception that show you they are going to be doing with your child each day. The same staff are available to babysit at night which was great as the children already know the staff from the crèche so were fine if they woke whilst the babysitter was there.

Room wise, Sani beach club is based on a hill so there is a walk from any rooms however you can book a buggy and driver that will collect you from your room and take you down to the crèche.

I would say it will be hot enough to swim, I was there in june and it was fine to do so at this time

And the doctor is based in the marina, there is a phone number you can ring so you can access the service 24/7

I would advise you take mosquito spray as we got bitten a lot when we went, that is the only negative I can suggest

Evening entertainment was fantastic

Lugano (Switzerland)
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

Hi Destinationtbc,

thank you so much for all the useful info and feedback!

Eeeeh, those mosquitoes, always there to spoil the fun... will bring mosquito repellant then!

We don't mind at all walking, especially when on vacation, so I guess I'll just be happy with whatever room we get (we booked a double room, ground floor, sea view).

I was just worried that the crèche might be on the opposite side of the resort and that it might take really long to walk back and forth, since we booked childminding sessions every day of the vacation, often with "lunch breaks", meaning we drop him off and pick him up several times.

Do you perhaps recall where the crèche is? Is ti close to reception and/or the breakfast room? Just so I get a point of reference.

Thanks for your time and help!

5. Re: Melissa crèche at Sani Beach Club and more...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Sani
Recent Conversations