We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo

Which Chora hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo

Help! I would like to be able to go to the isolated beaches on the bus - cos I like a shandy or two on the beach but I need to sleep!

Where might I stay that would tick both boxes?

3 replies to this topic
Ios
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo

Hello,

i think Yialos area is what you looking for with three different beach around ( in walking distance ) and many local tavernas with Greek food plus quiet at night so you can sleep also the buses to go anywhere start from here.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,996 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo

Well, you've read the posts so I guess you must be looking at Gialos the port area.

I never reccommend anywhere in particular there as I always arrive and then look, before agreeing to a room as they can vary a lot even in the one place.

From the port area you have the main bus service that goes to Chora and Mylopotas beach, and a few that go to Coumbara which is around to the left as you come into port by ferry, easy to walk. Walking the other way past Ag Irene you come to 2 water wells beach (Valmas) further on over the hill there is Kolitsani beach, you can get to that from Chora by several paths as well.

There is also a bus run by the Acteon travel agency to Manganari beaches at the south end of the island. That starts in the port as well.

Just print out an aerial shot from Google Earth will place them.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo

Thank you so much. Very good clear advice,

I will look at google earth and my phone ap had maps so I will use that too.

I'm very much looking forwards to being on Ios as I have heard vastly contradicting opinions and read equally contradicting reviews,

I think I will love it!

Thanks again.

We are there at the end of August and can't wait.

Reply to: Ios - I have read the posts - Mum and 16 year old son accomo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chora
More Chora Topics