We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local dining

Which Savelletri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
local dining

We will staying at the Brogo Egnazia Hotel in October and would like to try some of the local restaurants in the area - fairly close to the hotel. Can you help? My husband and I will be traveling alone and will have a car. MJM

3 replies to this topic
London, England
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local dining

You really can't go wrong; there are several good restaurants within 10-20 minutes drive; 2-3 in the little port of Savelletri, a couple more on the narrow coast road between there and Torre Canne a few miles South East along the Adriatic coast, and a couple more on the sea as you drive into Torre Canne itself (our favourites- both quite near the tower which gives the town its name) . Even in off-season October, we have never found it hard to find restaurants open for lunch, all serving great fish and seafood. Not sure what the availability is in the evening, as we tended to drive to the coast from our little apartment in inland Martina Franca mainly at lunchtime.

I don't think it will be worth driving a further half an hour north west along the coast to Polignano a Mare, as the sea-cave restaurant of the hotel Grotto Palezzeze is in my view vastly over- rated, over-priced and probably quiet or closed off season> Although if you can find it, the Antiche Mura restaurant is pretty spectacular for its setting, literally within the ancient town walls; www.ristoranteantichemura.it/

And if you feel more adventurous, drive the 30-35 minutes inland to Martina Franca and visit Sagittario, preferably weekend lunchtimes or any evening after 8 or 9pm, for a real buzzing local family restaurant with vast portions (you can order one meal between two) and cheap house wine. Huge intergenerational family parties and no tourists. Tucked away in a back street - tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g616186-…

But anywhere you find will be great, with almost exclusively local clientele off season. Ciao

Reading
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local dining

I have just come back from Borgo Egnanzia - and trhe best restaurant we found was in Savelletri (5 mins from hotel in taxi - or 20 min walk ) and was called Maddalena - Excellent! Enjoy your trip

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local dining

Thank you. We will try Maddalena. MJM

Reply to: local dining
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savelletri