We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling as a single young woman?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling as a single young woman?

Hello!

I've been to PV/Yelapa a couple times before, but always with others. Now, I have the opportunity to fly down on my own to meet my parents, who are already in Yelapa.

This would mean I'd have to take a taxi from the airport to downtown, then the water taxi to Yelapa, on my own. I have no problem with the water taxi or walking to the pier downtown, but I'm a bit more on edge about the cab ride. In my active imagination, I'm picturing being swept away by some terrible Mexican drug lord, haha. The fact that I'm mid-20s, petite and thin, blonde, and completely weak doesn't help my cause.

Thoughts? Should I be apprehensive about making the trek to Yelapa alone or am I just being a worry-wart? :)

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling as a single young woman?

Dear worry-wart, you'll be in a federally regulated airport taxi direct to the pier. Likely safer than at home.

2. Re: Traveling as a single young woman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Jalisco