We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblos Mancomunados independent trekking

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pueblos Mancomunados independent trekking

Is it possible to trek independently (without a guide) between the Pueblos Mancomunados? I know I can arrange accommodation in the cabañas through Sierra Norte but I always prefer to walk by myself and take my time. Is the route clear enough? (We are experienced enough trekkers). Thanks:-)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblos Mancomunados independent trekking

Any help there? :-)

Chile
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblos Mancomunados independent trekking

Yes, it is.

We did it 2 month ago.

You can find good map here sierranorte.org.mx/img/mapas/mapa_rutas.jpg

We traveled Cuajimoloyas -> Benito Juarez -> La Neveria -> Latuvi -> Lashato.

You just have to ask locals about "Ruta a <destination>".

I want to share information how to reach Benito/Cuajimoloyas from Oaxaca City by yourself (since I couldn't find it and spent my time).

From Zocalo go to the west to Central de Autobus. On Juarez Maza street, 100 metres BEFORE bus station you will find (right side) gates and area with taxis collectivo. Ask for taxi to Benito Juarez/Cuajimoloyas.

We payed 60 pesos per person for trip to Cuajimoloyas. Bus is cheaper (at 10 pesos) but taxi is faster, and more frequent.

Edited: 22 April 2013, 16:25
3. Re: Pueblos Mancomunados independent trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 07:19