We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City to Oaxaca

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City to Oaxaca

What's the best way to get from Mexico City to Oaxaca? And most economical. Bus? Do they have overnight buses? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City to Oaxaca

Long distance travel in Mexico is usually done by bus. See www.ado.com.mx for bus schedules and prices (the terminal in Mexico City is called TAPO). Yes, there are overnight buses.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City to Oaxaca

It's an excellent road. First class buses put the US to shame. Only one problem... now that the road is so good the trip is only about 6 hrs. Not counting DF traffic. So taking a night bus means you arrive in Oaxaca at an ungodly hour. But the first class bus station is nice. I once camped there. If not your thing then take an early morning bus and be there for a late lunch/siesta.

Mentioned in this post
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City to Oaxaca

Thanks 103billw. I'll check out the early morning bus I think. I was thinking in an overnighter to save on accommodation only. I personally wouldn't take a bus ride here in Qld Australia as our roads and buses are terrible. Cheers.

4. Re: Mexico City to Oaxaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:23