We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

I am thinking of coming in Dec 2014 note not 2013 yet at least 2 b and bs say they have no availability at Christmas 2014. I am not sure if they just don't understand or are being lazy. I find that hard to believe. I did at least find one who sent a nice repy and advise me to book early but I m disappointed in the others. Wonder if others have had this problem in the past.

I may end up booking at wat might have been my 2nd choice. Anyone know of inexpensive b and bs in the centre as in walking distance who might like some business please let me know

Gracias

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

They probably don't take bookings that far ahead. Try again around Easter next year and you might get a better response.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

It's probably a bit of both. I think that what they don't understand are the concepts of peace of mind, that advance bookings make it easier to borrow and otherwise deal with financial institutions, and that advance bookings make it easier to sell their businesses if so inclined. Also, the concept of interest is often just not in Oaxacans' worldview, in that while they may later raise their nightly rate and don't want to lose out by accepting a booking at a lesser price, they simply do not realize that a deposit in a stable savings and loan today, means earned interest on that money at up to 9% (yes 9%) a year. Believe me, it's more frustrating for a non-Mexican from a First World country living here and seeing how business is conducted, than for someone who wants a brief vacation.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast; Oaxaca Culinary Tours

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

Gracias folks. I was told that Christmas was a popular time and to book maybe a year ahead. Never been one to book at last minute anyway but already frustrated by other bookings elsehwere I am going. Sometimes wish I was not a planner.

colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

www.casavistadoro.com. we will welcome you for your stay, and you will love it here. Kathy

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

thanks kathy

6. Re: what is the problem with advance rquests at Oaxcaca b and bs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:16