We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courier Service in the Area?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Courier Service in the Area?

Long story short, I need to email a document to someone in Quintana Roo to have it hand-delivered to a resort today. Does anyone have a service that they can recommend? English-speaking would be a must, as I don't know enough Spanish to properly convey what I need.

Thanks in advance!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

Can't you use DHL or FedEx?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,056 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

As I understand it, they need a faxed document delivered within the state of QR. I don´t believe DHL or Fedex can do that.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

Evidently not. I've checked with both of them without success.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,056 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

One thought would be to contact MailBoxes office in Cancun. They can usually arrange most any type document service for a price. Their contact info is here:

http://tinyurl.com/lntwca9

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

If you just need to send a fax to someone in a resort why not fax it to the resort with the name of the recipient and room number on it?(Sorry, I am still confused!.)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,056 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

Me too, Steve. But it seems like for some reason the OP wants a fax hand delivered. Hope for more details.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

Without boring you with the details, we had a moment of weakness and opted to buy into a vacation club (read: timeshare) while we were down there last week. There is a 5 day window to rescind the contract under Mexican law, and I wanted to make sure they had something in their hands where I could verify receipt before that time elapsed. I was able to find an attorney in the area to help me out, so between his delivery of the letter and my barrage of faxes and emails, I'm hoping I'm covered.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,214 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

I would have your Attorney deliver the Letter, and have proof of Delivery from the Resort. Looks like you might need Profeco also. Here is their website:

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

Good luck..

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

Yeah, that's exactly what I did, and I've received some correspondence from the resort this morning that has me optimistic that I'm not going to have to endure too much hoop jumping. We'll see, I suppose.

10. Re: Courier Service in the Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 06:19