We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any 'exit' fees when leaving by Ferry at Chetumal?

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Any 'exit' fees when leaving by Ferry at Chetumal?

I can't find seem to find a lot of information except reports of corrupt border officials.

Are there officially any fees?

I will be arriving by air into Cancun, staying less than 7 days, then exiting into Belize via water taxi.

Thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any 'exit' fees when leaving by Ferry at Chetumal?

The correct situation will depend on your airline. If arriving at Cancun on a scheduled airline (such as BA or Virgin) all Mexican taxes are included in the cost of your ticket. If arriving on Thomas Cook or Thomsons these are excluded and are normally paid separately on departure at Cancun. In the former case there is no fee due when exiting into Belize but in the latter case you should pay something like 305 pesos for the FMM which you already have (also known as a tourist card). Now, even if you HAVE paid the taxes (e.g. if you traveled into Cancun by BA) some border officials have tried extracting the 305 pesos from you. There's not much you can do other than stand firm with some form of tax breakdown from the airline (usually available online) that clearly shows you have paid.

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any 'exit' fees when leaving by Ferry at Chetumal?

Okay thankyou.

I will look at the documentation from Air Canada and see what's what.

3. Re: Any 'exit' fees when leaving by Ferry at Chetumal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 07:16