We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

Which Stansted Mountfitchet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

I am planning on flying from Bratislava to Biarritz with an hour connection between the flights in London stansted.

With only hand luggages, do you think we can make it ?

thanks in advance for your advices and comments

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,836 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

Personally, I would want more than one hour to do this. It could take more than 30 minutes to go through immigration then you need to get through security which could take another 30 minutes. Ryanair are notorious for not allowing any latecomers on board as they stick rigidly to the timetable.

You will have boarding passes ready printed and you won't have to wait for luggage which goes in your favour, but if the inbound flight is only a few minutes late you are in danger of missing the Biarritz flight

I would want at least 2 hours to do this change

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28,314 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

The minimum time needed is two hours, you have to consider flight and airport procedure delays.

dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

when we were ryanair novices a few years ago, my husband and i planned a weekend business and pleasure trip to pisa - (dublin stansted, stansted pisa). with hand luggage only, a one hour gap between flights both ways and no kids, we thought we could make it. we missed the second flight, despite a quick run through the airport. check in had closed (no discussion) 40 minutes prior to departure. and as there were no other flights on friday, we had to buy new flights for the saturday morning and stay in a grotty-ish hotel near the airport friday night. because it was our sons brithday party on sunday and we could not risk missing it, which was very likely to occur again on the return leg, we had to come BACK (yes that's two new tickets EACH!) on saturday night, stay in same gotty-ish hotel to make sure we would not miss our sunday flight! so our weekend in italy was two (very expensive) nights in a grotty-ish hotel in stansted!! DONT CHANCE IT!!! I am just fretting over a two hour gap at this very moment, worrying if it is enough!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,836 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

Good point Michelle, but this thread is a year old so the OP has been and gone.

Moral is, don't risk it!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

As far as I am aware, Ryanair do not do 'connections'.

If the check-in time is 2 hours then you should allow that PLUS time for delay on your incoming flight.

Stansted...
Level Contributor
472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

I used to work on check-in for Ryanair and they recommend that you have FOUR hours between flights. To be honest the last few times I have come through STN I would agree with this as it took almost 2 hours to get through immigration and security takes ages too.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

ooh, wow, we have a mole on board!!

what else can you tell us about Ryanair?

Stansted...
Level Contributor
472 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

Just the usual stuff! Only worked a couple of days as it was so awful!!!

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

Definitely don't chance it! I'd leave myself more than 4 hours. RyanAir doesn't guarantee connections. I was on a flight from Rome to Frankfurt (Hahn). The flight was diverted to Cologne. A whole group of people walking to go to Tampere were out of luck and had to make other arrangements even though they left themselves 5 hours between connections.

10. Re: Ryanair connection flights, is 1h enough ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Stansted Mountfitchet