We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Which Stansted Mountfitchet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Whilst on many occasions I have enjoyed the restaurant facilities when meeting with business guests I would just like to warn about the parking restrictions.

If you are dropping off, or picking up a guest (as was my case last month) there is no free time available.

The car park is camera controlled by a company called ParkingEye and you will be fined £100.00 (reduced to £60.00) if paid within 14 days. As their notice states the allowed free time is 0 hours and 0 minutes!!

Even when paying ParkingEye have the cheek to add a further £0.70 charge for using a debit card!

My advice is to make sure you check in with reception - even when staying a minute.

22 replies to this topic
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Well my advice would be don't pay the 'fine' which is not legally enforceable. Only local authority fines have the force of law

Have a read here; …moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php…

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

I agree but they should give you time to buy a car park ticket.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

We recently paid for a nights stay in the hotel with parking included during our 5 nights away. On returning and picking up the car we received a parking fine as the car had been left in the car park for more than 5 hours. We have complained to the Radisson hotel who have said they would sort it out but still no response and have just received a second parking fine. On contacting the hotel again, we got the response that "there were 3 of them who answered emails and they often get deleted". Still trying to resolve the matter and very annoyed with the hotel!

C E
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Concierge parking Where!,,, i have just recently returned from a holiday and had stayed for 1 night at the Radison Blu Standstead based on a a " deal " of free parking ( although part of the hotel bill) but still cheaper than 10 days normal parking , but was also convenient as flying at 7am and saved getting up at 2pm anyway was told it was concierge parking and was looking forward to drop keys off and then up to the room Not likely !,,, booked in and went to concierge who asked me to fill in some forms , then I had to drive the car to a car park around the back of the hotel, mark on Map where the car was left and car details then return to the concierge and drop off keys. So not a concierge parking system ! The car was then moved while away to some other secure parking ??? Must have been a mud pit as car was covered in black dirt when I picked it up (again after walking around to the car park and have to drive back to the reception to collect bags etc ) . All hastle ! Don't beleive what you read on the parking offers,,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Radisson Blu Stansted Airport should be ashamed that these vultures operate the car park on their behalf.

I arrived to collect a hotel guest following an event at the hotel, I was on-site for 14 minutes. I didn't get out of my car, I didn't even switch the engine off! A few weeks later I've been hit with a huge fine. How on earth can they charge parking for picking up guests? Disgusting, I certainly will not be recommended this place to anyone. The fines are totally unfounded and unfair. The car park is run by a private firm, Parking Eye. You have to cross their barrier to access the hotel, there is no other way to the main entrance of the hotel. I've read lots about this rip off firm.

Needless to say I have appealed and surprisingly it's been rejected!! I will be re-appealing at a cost to them of £27.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,464 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

Do check out the moneysavingexpert link above. Do note the law has changed so these charges (fines can only be imposed by government) are enforceable BUT they must be reasonable and proportionate.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

I have the same situation. What would i write in my appeal. @lisa_essex72

Edited: 09 May 2016, 10:47
Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
704 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

@Ddzhe - there are sites better suited to giving you advice on this charge, not a fine.

forums.pepipoo.com is an excellent resource

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

These aren't fines, merely an invoice which you can chose not to pay. If they want to take you to court, which is unlikely you will win. The parking agreement (if one exists) is with the driver and the car owner is under no obligation to tell Parking Eye who that was.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
704 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport

@Amos H - although the advice used to be ignore that is no longer the case as the parking company can go after the keeper now with the introduction of POFA 2012.

There are many hoops the parking company will have to go through but it is possible for them to get payment from the keeper rather than the driver if, and it is a very big if, they follow the correct process.

More often than not an appeal will be successful, it may depend on which organisation they belong to, as private parking companies can be remarkably lax in providing the correct paperwork and information.

Not all drivers win at court, should it ever get that far, which is as you mention highly unlikely.

Reply to: Beware Parking Fines At Radisson Blu Stansted Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stansted Mountfitchet