We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

g e
Norwich, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

STANSTED PARKING (DE SALIS HOTEL): stanstedparking.org

DO NOT USE IT AS PARKING FOR YOUR CAR, AVOID IT ALL THE TIME.

We used it, they destroyed the car when moving it from the main parking space to another one, melting the engine and saying they only cover accidents (they did not stop and did not see any oil leak or led, they were stopped by police with the car rattling and smoking!). The car is now scrap metal, and they were trying to hide things, and when brought the car back to parking space they even left it open.

They offered us a room for the night, stinky and very dirty, absolutely avoid it.

We'll have a lawyer to get our money back plus all extra expenses we got, but it was really incredibly dense and mean managing of situation by their management, rude and utterly stupid.

WE BROUGHT OUR CAR WORKING, WE CAME BACK AND IT'S NOW TO BE TRASHED.

22 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

Have just read this Post and am now very disappointed to read all this, as I was seriously thinking of Parking at this Hotel for my Holiday with Saga to Sardinia.

Does anyone else out there have similar experiences?

Jean Plant

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
697 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

You are best booking with the official car park at Stansted. It may cost more but it will give you peace of mind.

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

I never hand over my car keys to anyone to park my car, especially to save a few quid.

london
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

This message seems like it was written by a competitor. I have used Desalis hotel several times for parking and for the hotel. i never had any problems.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

This message seems like it was written by a competitor. I have used Desalis hotel several times for parking and for the hotel. i never had any problems.

======

Yeh but you probably didn't have an old banger with an oil leak whose engine seized up when it was driven. Not really the fault of the hotel IMO.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

official parking costs a lot more. I use Stansted quite a lot. I have used Desalis hotel parking more then a few times. I recommend it. Good security, shuttle services, and better then average customer service. stanstedparking,org I think sells parking on behalf of the hotel Desalis. I think previous reviews are old, or by competitor...oooooo

Edited: 09 March 2014, 10:45
Essex
Level Contributor
27,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

And 2 OPW's within 24 hr, necroposting...

From the establishment itself maybe???

...oooooooo

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

Had used De Salis in the past few years several times, had always been good. However, yesterday 16April, was a completely different experience. Waited 55 mins for transfer at Stansted, staff at hotel accused me of being abusive, on phone. Absolutely dreadful experience would never use this hotel again. Have a feeling hotel changed hands recently.

Broadstairs, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

By slight contrast, I have used Desalis several times and will again. I stumbled across this as I was looking for thier link to book next week.

Always busy there so spaces can be tight, and I believe they can take your vehicle to another site if a long term booking. I always take a picture of the mileage and car state, oil and water topped up before any lengty journey anyway.

The shuttle bus is usually either ready to go or twenty minutes wait if you just missed it.

Don't let one persons experience be your guide.

Stafford
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!

They lost a critical part of my car keys, said they would compensate me ( in writing) , but never paid as they had agreed to.

If you want rude staff, dishonest manager, shabby room, damage to your car and a big bill for lost keys; this is the place for you.

Reply to: Stansted Parking.org (De Salis Hotel): AVOID IT absolutely!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted