We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collecting friends from Stansted airport

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
89 reviews
Collecting friends from Stansted airport

Hi folks

I am meeting folks arriving from Ireland at about 15:00.

My plan is to drive to Birchanger services aiming to be there at about 14:00. Hopefully have time for a snack and wait for my friends to phone when they reach arrivals. Then while they wait for the bus to the mid stay car park I drive to the free stay part of that car park. The directions take you to Southgate road and say the car is in front of you. On the Stansted airport map I cannot actually see the car park.

Is there anything I should beware of to avoid being "sucked" into a pay car park and any advice about where it is best for the friends to stand? I have no idea how large this car park is.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob

3 replies to this topic
Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Collecting friends from Stansted airport

Bob

The Mid stay car park is quite isolated away from all other car parks.

It is indeed a large car park and to my re-collection you are allowed an hour free.

My suggestion is that your friends alight at the first bus stop as you enter and meet them there

The Entrance is opposite the entrance to the airport services,MacDonald,Hotels etc etc..

It is virtually 500 metres from the slip road of the A120 coming from the Braintree direction and well sign posted from both directions

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
127 reviews
2. Re: Collecting friends from Stansted airport

Suddenly thought to add a small point re Mid stay. Might seem obvious but if you have never used it "every little helps"

You will enter it as per any car parking take a ticket and on exit the barrier will rise after ticket is inserted.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Collecting friends from Stansted airport

Thanks for your help and advice.

Bob

Reply to: Collecting friends from Stansted airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stansted Mountfitchet