We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

Georgetown
14 posts
Save Topic
St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

We are looking at booking this resort for our family of 4 (two kids ages 1 and 3 at time of vacation) I was hoping to get some insights from other young families who have travelled here.

Did you find enough high chairs?

Was there cribs available?

Was there a decent kids club/a daily activity to do? etc etc...

Were there many young families at this resort during your stay or did it seem like a more mature crowd?

Thanks for all the help and any addition info/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I want to ensure we pick a resort that fits our young family.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
76 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

Was there a decent kids club/a daily activity to do? etc etc...

Yes, the St James has a great kids club. It also has a non-ocean side beach which is kid friendly. The resort in general is geared towards families so you should be all set.

Their sister resort - The Verandah - is also geared towards families and is not as large. That too is worth a look.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

Your children are too young for kids club at either of these resorts - they need to be over four and out of diapers. I have a feeling many of the activities aimed at children only run during school holidays even for those old enough to take part.

If you want a resort with a nanny service, you probably need to be looking at Carlisle Bay, or bring your own.

I have to admit that when travelling with very young children, we always found it much, much easier to have a villa or condo rather than being at the mercy of resort timetables, buffets that didn't suit picky toddler eating habits and being able to have breakfast 'at home' then enjoy some meals out. Having the extra bedroom made a big difference, as well as the bonus of having some running around space, and more room for adult chillout time once the first bedtime has been dealt with!

As an observation, most resorts offer a babysitting service as an extra, and there's also an excellent babysitting / nanny service available on island from the Swalings team.

England
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

Further to Mizgeorge's reply, there are two bedroomed villas available with kitchen facilities at St James. However, most of them don't have washing machines, so laundry has to be done by hand or sent to the hotel laundry.

That could be an option, and then you would have the facilities of the resort plus your independence.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

We're travelling in November/December so I am also interested in this.

5. Re: St James Club - good for young famiily??? please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 22:15