We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Hi,

Me and my GF are planning for a Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour (7 days total) from Kolkata by the mid May? Can someone help me with a suitable i ternary? My stays are one night for every destination, and in case the Versey accommodation is not available/suitable then we might go for 2 days stay at one of the other points. Please guide me as I am totally novice in this planning to Sikkim !!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,373 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

The itinerary can be as follows :

Day 01: NJP – Anden (Sombaria) (5 hrs ), Overnight at Anden.

Day 02: Anden- Hilley - Barsey 4 hrs trek - Kaluk

After breakfast - Hilley (via Okhrey) and return back to Kaluk. Overnight at Kaluk.

Day 03: Kaluk- Rinchenpong. Sightseeing and back to Kaluk. Overnight at Kaluk.

Day 04: Kaluk- Bermok- Hee- Dentam- Uttarey - Pelling

Day 05: Pelling sight seeing. Overnight at Pelling.

Day 06: Pelling - NJP

November to May will be ideal time for Barsey, flowers will be in full bloom.

Edited: 26 April 2012, 10:41
Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Thanks for the reply sir !

Also I have done some research and wish to share the same with you to check how apt they are and whether we can go by the same or not.

1) We are planning a stay at Akash Ganga Forest Resthouse at Anden Sombaria. (pls suggest if better options are there)

2) How are the amenities at the Barsey Trekker's Hut ? (since we were thinking to stay one day there to witness the sunrise from Mt. Kabru) :)

3) According to your suggested itinerary we are staying 2 days in Kaluk ; whereas I have heard from people Rinchenpong is a funnier place to stay in. Hence can we give one day at Rinchenpong ?

However, at Kaluk we are planning a stay at Kanchan valley tourist lodge, since that has a rooftop resteaurant.

4) You haven't suggested a stay at neither hee-bermiok or uttrey ; but we wish ti experince the homestay available there ? would that be a wise thing to opt ?

5) Lastly, which should be kept as the last point to visit from all these ; since we would be boarding train again from NJP (please mark that we are avoiding Peiling this time)

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

sure mail me baralrp@gmail.com

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Hi,

Do you have any contact no. of Kanchan Valley Tourist Lodge at Kaluk? We are planning to stay over there in mid-June. In case you know the tariff, pls do share with me asap.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Hi,

We are planning to stay 2-3nights at Kanchan valley tourist lodge, Kaluk. Can anybody help me to get the contact no. of this lodge? I need it urgently.

Thanks!

Calcutta, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

On April 2013 me & my family were in a small vill. of West Sikkim, named Hee- Bermiok. It was absolutely an excelent tour for us. The beauty of the vill. made me feel like " I am the God of Peace".

The Hotel we stayed there is "Silent Valley". The name is absolutely justified. The Propiter Mr.Subrata Sarkar (09733136939) is a real gentle man & always guided us correctly. Ohter staffs of the hotel are also very nice. The fooding over there is unexpectedly superb. I visited Sikkin more than 10 times but never got this kind of yammay Food.

The side scene are also very good. One can go Uttarey, Kalul, Hee Patal, Rinchengpong for side scene from Berrmiok.

If some one want to know the peace of life for few days, I will obviously suggest to visit Hee- Bermiok.

Calcutta, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

I think it is better to stay at Hee Bermiok, It is just 30 minutes journey from Bermiok to Kaluk. But if you want to stay in Kaluk , I will say hotels are not very good and the Resorts are on the down hill, so u have to walk a lot. For Kaluk & Hee- Bermiok & Rinchengpong u can contact Mr.Subrata Sarkar (09733136939).

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Versey is suitable for the month of april n last may..1 day is enough for versey..after tat you can move towards bermiok chaaya taal utteray...you'll get good neat n clean hotel overtherr.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

There is new hotel at 13th mile bermiok hotel name is kalejvalley..it is 3 km from kaluk just towards utteray..its really a homely atmosphere..food is like a home n u feel like u are at home..website is www.bermiok.com or mail at kalejvalley9@yahoo.com contact no 09434489271 manager of hotel

Edited: 09 June 2013, 04:36
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
911 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaluk - Versey - Rinchengpong - Hee'Bermiok - Peilling Tour

Mr. Suvendu_das is wrong . there is a lot of good hotel at Kaluk . Ghondey village resort at kaluk is the best property among Rinchenpong, kaluk , Hee Bermiok and uttarey.. after ghonday Mandarin village resort comes 2nd. At Bermiok there is Two good Hotel one is Kanchan View another is silent valley. among them Kalej Valley (13th mile bermiok) is the best . Advantage of Kaluk staying -

You can get full 180 degree views of Kanchanjunga and with other peak from kaluk . But from Hee - Bermiok or rinchenpong View are clear but not 180 degree full view from those places.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 12:58