We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

I am going for Honeymoon in Kaluk and Pelling on 4th of January. I have searched several posts in this forum but couldn't find the recent taxi fare. Could anybody tell me the current taxi fare from NJP to Kaluk and also from Pelling to NJP.

During this time if any Honeymoon couples are travelling feel free to contact me.

80 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Hi Diganta,

You are searching for Sharing fare or reserve.Where you had booked in kaluk and pelling (or planning to). I had just returned from Sikkim tour (Kaluk,Pelling and Gangtok)

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Shared taxi will cost you 200per person approx. Individual cabs will cost 2500-4000 depending on the type of vehicle you select.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

But its very rare to get share cab from NJP to Kaluk.You have to change vehicle atleast 1or 2 times.You have to go Siliguri Bus terminus, Your route for Kaluk would be Siligudi-Meli-Jorangthan-KalukFrom Pelling you can easily get sharing cab for NJP.

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

This is going to be our honeymoon trip so we don't want any hustle. I would like to book a Indica for our journey. We may avail shared cab only with any other couples.

What is the best location for booking cab _ NJP or Siliguri? We are traveling by Darjeeling Mail.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

DigantaBanerjee small car from NJP will cost you 2200-2800

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

For Gangtok and Darjeeling cab are easily available in front of NJP station.But for kaluk and Pelling it is better to move siliguri (Siliguri Jn/Tenging Norgay Bus Terminus/SNT Bus Terminus) .There you can search for cabs and do bargain as much as u can.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Hi Rapat2604,

Where did you stay at Kaluk? Also let me know how much time it took to reach Kaluk from NJP?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Hi

As it was sunday and we stated our journey morning at 5 ,we reachd kaluk in just 4 hours.But in weekdays it generally take 5-6 hours.Road segment between Melli to Jorangthan is in terrible condition.In kaluk we stayed at Ghonday Village Resort.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Thanks a lot for the information. This will be helpful. We are going for a short trip to Kaluk in Feb'14.

Calcutta, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling

Last week I was touring around Hee, Barmiok, Kaluk & Rinchenpong areas of West Sikkim. I found it is easier to avail share cab from SNT Taxi Stand at Siliguri to reach any of those places. Share cab is very much available in regular interval for Jorethang @ 170/- per person. Jorethang Cab Stand is a well maintained one and I got share cab for Barmiok from 2nd Fl. of the stand. Moreover journey was hesel free more or less. From Jorethang to Barmiok fare for share cab is Rs.100/- only per person.

Reply to: Taxi Fare from NJP to Kaluk/Pelling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Sikkim