We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals or shoes

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals or shoes

Please can anyone advice on best shoes or sandals for theme parks as I occasionally suffer with plantus fasculitus thanks

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals or shoes

They may be old fashioned but I prefer Milano Birkenstock sandal with a soft foot bed. They are several years old but the soft footbed is so cushioney and comfortable. Have been great from day one.

I also have a pair of Teva sandals that are extremely comfortable and good if you get your feet wet on a rainy day or a water ride. They are not the kind that has the strap that runs down the right side of your foot connecting the toe to ankle straps. Sorry can't tell you the name of them.

Google for these and see what I am talking about.

I would not wear anything until they are broken in and are ready to walk miles in. I can't wear flip flops, they may be comfortable and broken in but just don't hold up to the miles in WDW.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,688 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals or shoes

I would wear whatever is the most comfortable for you. Its a long day, lots of walking and standing in lines. You could always take an extra pair and put them in a locker to change into if needed.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals or shoes

Crocs has a specific shoe for plantar fascilitis. It has a soft, cushy footbed. I went to Epcot with the condition a few years ago wearing tennies, and could not get my foot down flat the next morning for hours. I will wear my crocs next visit.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals or shoes

thankyou will check crocs out .

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals or shoes

thanks for your help

6. Re: Sandals or shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 10:17