We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majesty Tuana in April

Hebden Bridge
13 posts
Save Topic
Majesty Tuana in April

Hiya we are off to Majesty Tuana on 19th April - really looking forward to it. Never been to Fethiye before just to Antalya. We have a 5 year old and a baby. Any hints or tips welcome! Is anyone else going around that time? :)

1 reply
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,155 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majesty Tuana in April

Hi, Mizza, Welcome to the Forum,

First of all your resort is not in Fethiye it's about 50 minutes by dolmus to Fethiye from Yaniklar where your resort is situated, it's quite isolated as most of these AI resorts are, but you will have lots to do there.

The holiday season starts at the end of April, so you are a little early, but the resort will probably be in full swing . It can be colder and rain in April, but the weather this year has been good, so you will probably be fine, although it will be too cold to swim in the sea. There are kids clubs for the 5 year old. We had friends staying there so visited to pick them up to bring them down to Calis.

We have a place in Calis which is your next beach resort down the coast. My Granddaughter has been coming over since she was 11 months old. So, plenty of jars of baby food in the supermarkets, also the fruit is lovely and she has always enjoyed it. The nappies are the same as the ones in the U.K. and the same price, so no need to bring the, you will need to bring nappy bags, none in Turkey, also the swim nappies are expensive so my daughter always brought those with her. The tap water is not suitable for babies or children as it has a very high mineral content, which is not diminished when boiled, so you will need to buy water. My daughter used to buy baby water in the supermarkets. Even some of the regular bottle water has minerals and salt, so be careful. A trip to the supermarket in Fethiye would be good to buy your baby supplies. There is a dolmus that runs from the gates of your resort it goes straight to Fethiye. Calis is nearer and there are lots of supermarkets but no dolmus unfortunately. Take plenty of high factor sun cream, also some children's mosquito cream. My daughter also had a mosquito net for her cot. If you are hiring a cot at the resort make sure the mattress is really well cleaned with disinfectant and take your own sheets and a mosquito net. For more information about second hand cot mattresses, google it.

Have a lovely holiday.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 13:03
Reply to: Majesty Tuana in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yaniklar
Recent Conversations