We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Tbilisi, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Has anyone visited Signagi before?

I and my girlfriend intend to visit Signagi this Autumn and we wonder how safe is the country to travel around. Please, subscribe a bit about Signagi if anyone has already been there. Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Hi there - the answer is yes and it is an absolutely charming town. I walked right round the town and walked quite a bit way out to visit the Bodbe monastery which is one of the major attractions. You can easily negotiate a taxi if you dont want to walk. The town is compact, with beautifuly building and some of the views over the valleys are stunning. On a clear day you can get great views of the mountains and it is a wine growing region too and incidentally the wine in Georgia is fantastic. I didnt do any hiking but I knew some people that did for a few days and they had a great time. Do visit the museum and see the Pirosmani exhibition. I had never heard of him before I went to Georgia and his work is really good. iTs easy to reach signaghi from Tbilisi and it takes about two hours by mini bus (marshtrutka).. The last transport back to tbilisi if you decide to make it a day trip only is 5pm. I cant see that there would be any threat to your safety.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Tbilisi, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Tbilisi
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Angie,

Thanks again :)

3. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 11:35

Telavi, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Hi you can visit signagi but is small village.come to Telavi is more nice.

5. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 20:05
Edited: 28 November 2013, 20:05

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Signagi is a small village? :)))))) Com'n David :)))) I am Georgian, I have visited Signagi million-billion times! And I am in love with the CITY of Signagi .With it's site to Alazani valley, with it's defense wall around the city and those small colorful houses with extremely beautiful terraces . It's amazing! And a museum of Pirosmani is fabulous and very interesting for them who loves paintings :) Telavi's got it's own thing to have a look around, but between these two, I would choose Signagi :)

Regards,Irene

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

Georgia is beautiful, safe, full of amazing food and culture. You will have a great time.

Signagi is a beautiful. THere is a restaurant (Owned by an American but with a Georgian chef) which served incredible Mts'vadi ("Shashlik" is easier to pronounce)

You will be amazed that so few people know about Georgia. It is one of the best places on the earth.

Enjoy.

8. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:55

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone visited Signagi before?

We stayed overnight in Sighnaghi 2 days ago. There is an outfit renting out quad bikes on the main square, and they go charging down all the little streets at any time of night or day. Tbilisi is more peaceful than Sighnaghi! Do not stay overnight!!

Reply to: Has anyone visited Signagi before?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Signagi