We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand Honeymoon

Which Railay Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
14 posts
Save Topic
Thailand Honeymoon

I am planning my honeymoon in Thailand for the month of November. We fly into Phuket and have 14 days, after which we will leave again from the Phuket airport. We have the first 5 days booked at Sri Panwa Hotel, but are trying to decide on the last 9 days. I was thinking somewhere in Krabi, and then possibly staying on an island or heading down to Trang on the beach. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go/stay? We are looking for somewhat seclusion and romantic settings, but close enough to explore during the day.

Also, is it easy to get from Phuket to Krabi and other areas in the area by boat? I just want to make sure we are traveling too much or have to waste a whole day getting back to the airport when we leave.

Thank you!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Hi

Have a a look koh Jum or koh Lanta in krabi.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Cape Panwa is on the south of Koh Phuket and the airport is to the north. Nearly an hour. You can access Koh Lanta, Railay/Ao Nang etc by ferry from Phuket. Better than the drive. Check krabishuttle.com 2hrs Railay once a day. 4hrs Koh Lanta twice a day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Koh Lanta would be my choice. Have a look at the Layana Hotel.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Have a look at the Rayavadee. Their Pool Pavilion rooms are great.

Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

if you are going down to Trang, their are some lovely islands just off the coast i.e. Ko Ngai. While down that way Ko Lipe will be beautiful and not too crowded in November and has nice mix of chill out bars, and quiet spots. We stayed on Sunrise beach (which is quiet) at a resort called Serendipity which was lovely. You can easily island hop from Phuket but it is quite a long haul straight to Ko Lipe but the boat stops at loads of islands on the way which you can stop over on. I would suggest island hopping down that way, perhaps to Ko Lanta, where I would recommend Ao Kantiang in the south of the island, beautiful romantic beach with quality hotels. Don't miss Ko Phi Phi because of poor reviews as these are mainly about Tonsai. Stay at Long Beach, which is gorgeous - hotels expensive but worth it. Also some lovely hotels and secluded beaches on the east coast. This a personal opinion but Ao Nang in Krabi is very commercial and not suited to honeymoon. The Rayavedee may be a good hotel but it is situated on overcrowded beach full of longtail boats and noise.

Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

As you only have 9 days. I would suggest splitting time between Ko Lanta and Ko Phi Phi - as both easy to get back to Phuket for your flight home> they are both different and beautiful and not to be missed. Ko Phi Phi The Beach Resort - I would recommend as we stayed their in January. Make sure you book rooms high up - the views are to die for - very romantic. Make sure you book the deluxe seaview rooms/villas as they are high up with best views. Yes it is expensive - but worth it.

San Diego...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Thank you all!

San Diego...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

How easy would you say it is to take day trips from some of these places to smaller islands. Can you just hop on a boat and say take me to this island, or are tours a better option?

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Stay in Aao Nang, its easier to get to eveywhere from here...

Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thailand Honeymoon

Ao Nang is a tourist trap so you will be glad to get out of it everyday and do day trips to islands with hoards of other people, hardly honeymoon material.