We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay in lovina

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay in lovina

Hi, i am planning trip to lovina April 2011 with my then 15 yr old daughter. We want to chill before we hit the shops of ubud and kuta.

How many days should we stay in lovina and can anyone recommend a nice safe comfortable hotel/resort...

Also it has been suggested that we arrive with USA dollars rather than Australian dollars?..can anyone enlighting me as to why.

thanks

michellekiwi

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,469 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay in lovina

I'd personally spend about 3 or 4 days in Lovina to chill out before hitting the rest of Bali. You've not mentioned budget, but you could take a look at the Rambutan hotel which is in a pretty good location.

The Visa On Arrival fee is $25USD, so this may be where you're getting that message. You can pay it in Aussie dollars, but you may get a really poor exchange rate compared to you getting US dollars yourself before hand. For money exchange when you're in Bali though, Aussie dollars are fine.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay in lovina

Hi,

I just spend 4 nights in Lovina between stays in Ubud and Seminyak and really enjoyed the peace and tranquility.

Lots of visits around and some great snorkeling can be organized to Menjangan Island.

I stayed at the Frangipani Villa and loved every minute of it. I will post a full JBR and Review. All the comments on the place in reviews are accurate.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608483-d138911…

For USD Vs AUD, just have 25 USD per person for the VOA and for the rest AUD will do nicely.

Edited: 23 May 2010, 11:07
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay in lovina

Thanks for that...have searched out this vlla, looks really nice...even read the revues and they are all so positive..its on my list as place to stay.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay in lovina

Have a look at Villa Agung, its a little out of the main area on the main road towards Singaraja, but is right on the beach, has a small pool, rooms are clean and tidy. Some renovations have been happening since my trip last year apparently. Staff and hosts are great. Excellent food/menu. Lounge/library upstairs above restaurant is great for chilling out and you can even order food/drinks at the kitchen to eat up there. Pickup is available down South by Leo, one of the recommended drivers on list here, for a reasonable cost, and he is also available for tours around Lovina and surrounding district. Cheers Cheryl

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay in lovina

Hi, considered the Rambuttan Cottages, sorry I don't know to attached my review. Richard Hood the owner is a great host will go all out to make your stay memorable, perhaps have a look at the wesbite. Cheers.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay in lovina

Hi Shubbaz,

and thanks for your review...had a look at your other reviews and took note of "MADE"..as my daughter really want to get massages while in bali..your photos looked great...so long to wait lol..i now have 2 places to stay...frangipani is new and looks lovely and villa agung seems so friendly, what to do???..do you book thru travel agent or via the net?...

michellekiwikiwi

Edited: 24 May 2010, 02:08
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: place to stay in lovina

Hi,

For Frangipani I simply sent an request from their website and Richard the owner answered via email very quickly.

Richard's wife has a lady coming almost everyday for massage, they have a dedicated room with a massage table. Loved it.

Edited: 24 May 2010, 10:23
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place to stay in lovina

"Hi Shubbaz,

and thanks for your review...had a look at your other reviews and took note of "MADE"..as my daughter really want to get massages while in bali..your photos looked great...so long to wait lol..i now have 2 places to stay...frangipani is new and looks lovely and villa agung seems so friendly, what to do???..do you book thru travel agent or via the net?..."

Hi Michelle, Villa Agung has a website, and you can email Sandy from there re bookings etc. She is very prompt with answering your emails. cheers Cheryl

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: place to stay in lovina

Michelle, here is the link to the Villa Agung Website.

http://www.agungvilla.com/ Cheers Cheryl

Adelaide Sth Aust
Level Contributor
105 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: place to stay in lovina

We stayed at Adirama a few weeks ago when we were there. It is at one end of the Lovina area. The pool was big , restaurant was beach front and the room really nice. Had been to look at Villa Agung and the pool was really tiny!!! It did have a nice beachfront reading room and the rooms looked nice enough. Was cheaper than Adirama. I would stay at Adirama again, as the food was really nice and there was entertainment on one night that we were there. Only downside, no fridge but then Villa Agung didn,t either. We took Aussie dollars and had no trouble changing them at the Kodak shops at Legian and Kuta. Payed hotels by credit card when we could so we didn,t have to carry as much cash around.