We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa in Lovina

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Villa in Lovina

Hi. My friend, her daughter, myself and my daughter are planning on going to Bali in July 2011. We are thinking of booking a Villa in Lovina. Has anyone stayed at the Nusa Indah in Lovina? Also, any suggestions for eating out? Somewhere special for a 50th and a 12th birthday? And finally, suggestions for shopping...where should we go to get the best shopping? Thanks in advance. Trudi

Asia
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa in Lovina

For a special place to eat you can't get better that Damai Hotel up in the hills about 10 minutes drive from Lovina. Its 5 star dinning and five star prices but worth every penny.

Other good places for eating: Jasmin a Thai restaurant and Kemiri run by Sue from Australia and she does a great variety of western and asian food. ,

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa in Lovina

John and I have just returned from a month in Bali. We spent two delightful weeks in the Villa Nusa Indah in Lovina (the more local area where the villa is located is called Dencarik - pronounced Dencharik).

The villa is wonderful - just my dream of Bali. Located directly on the beachfront, this villa enabled us to have absolute comfort while interacting with local fishermen and other locals right on the "doorstep", particularly in the morning and evenings.

I soon got used to having "staff" to look after us and was enriched by the experience and touched by their openess and willingness to share their lives with us.

Transport - car and driver - is expensive compared to other parts of Bali but, of course, much cheaper than Australia. When we got the hang of things we would walk a few minutes to the main street and would be soon approached by the local transport drivers (Bemo). We paid 20000 rupiah to the centre of Lovina (about 20 cents) but always had to bargain. Found it useful to have the money available and simply show it and say this is what we offer and it was always accepted.

There are a couple of very good restaurants in Lovina that will collect you and return you to the villa. These are listed in the villa info book in the villa.

There is local shopping available and many locally made things to buy. If you really want more shopping, a day trip to Ubud would be good - you may be able to fit in a dance performance too, very worthwhile.

I am still in my Bali mode and hope I can hold on to it for some time to come. Hope you and your daughter have a great trip and enjoy your stay. I will be interested to hear more.

Dianne

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Villa in Lovina

Hi Dianne,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the villa. It's been very reassuring to hear and has made me look forward to it more. Can't wait in fact! I'd love to hear of the restaurants you thought were good. We are going to have 3 birthdays while we are there and would like to celebrate each one somewhere different. Nice to hear about the staff too, particularly since we haven't experienced anything like this before. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks again and would appreciate anything else you think might be handy for us to know. Trudi

14. Re: Villa in Lovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 08:05
15. Re: Villa in Lovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 09:31
Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach