We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - part 1 Lovina, August 2011

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
JBR - part 1 Lovina, August 2011

Jetstar flight from perth, wheels hit the ground at 1.08pm and we were outside with our luggage looking for the driver by 1.30pm. Quickest exit ever. Hubby and I always separate when we get into the VOA section, he lines up to pay and I line up to go through immigration. I often have to let a few people in before me but when he comes we go straight up to the counter then go through to get our bags.

Driver was Beni jojobali@hotmail.com paid 450k to take us to lovina with a few stops along the way, he was great and would book him again. First we went to kuta square to change some money, buy a couple of dvds (7 for 50k) for the drive and get a couple of large bintangs for the drive also. We then stopped at the Kereta Api office in Denpasar to buy our train tickets for journeys through Java later in the trip.

We stopped for lunch at a Babi Guling place somewhere along the way and it was delicious! I love watching them carve up the pig and that pork soup they always serve with it is divine! We drove up to Lovina through bedugul and the twin lakes, it is a fantastic drive but we got stuck behind a giant truck just outside of bedugul on the tiny windy steep roads and ended up being stuck behind them going 25km an hour for about 45 minutes. It was painful! We eventually arrived at the accommodation to see my whole family who had been there for a week already chilling by the pool and playing cards. We stayed at Lovina Beach Houses – amazing, perfect, wonderful.

Our second day was my Dads 60th birthday and we had a party at lovina beach houses, reggae band, babi guling, tiki bar, lots of alcohol, satay lilit, lawar and all the trimmings,. It was a wonderful night and the staff at Lovina beach Houses were great.

We had collected donations from work friends and family in the intention of going to an orphanage. We actually ended up visiting poor villages in Panji and Tegallingah and delivering clothes, toys, 290kg of rice and 400 packets of noodles. It was a great day, we helped about 50 famililies and will do it again every trip from now on.

The rest of the Lovina section of the trip was hanging out by the pool, playing cards with the family and eating fabulous food. We did no shopping

Warungs:

Ibu Wayans, turn right at the dolphin statue and she is one of the first stalls along the beach path on your right. Has nasi campur in the mornings from about 8am. This was what I had for breakfast most days. Delicious! Cost about 15k including bali kopi and soup.

Nasi Campur Banyuwangi: On the main road about 5 minutes drive towards singaraja, nasi campur, es teh manis, enak sekali! Good cheap interesting nasi campur and they also do fried chicken. About 25kpp including softdrinks.

Babi Guling: Have had babi guling here before and this is where we ordered our babi for the party. Delicious – about 50k each including iced tea.On the main road heading towards Singaraja

Dolphin Statue Nasi campur: This wasn’t the name, just what i called it. This is on the right side of the square in the shade of a big tree. Had breakfast here the last day in lovina and they had delicious nasi campur with spicy grilled sardines. Definitely a highlight. About 15k including kopi and water.

Restaurants:

Warung Bintang – hubby watched the football here one day. I had a club sandwich he had mie goreng (he says it was one of the best he had in Bali) meals were about 35k each.

Papagallo: had lunch here, hubby had mie goreng, I had calzone – don’t remember the price (less than 50k each) but the views from the 3rd level are fantastic and the food was good.

Barclona – had a delicious meal here, the whole family went and everyone enjoyed. Highlights were the nasi campur ikan laut (ask them to cook it medium so that your seafood doesn’t get crucified) the black rice pudding here is also divine but it takes at least half an hour to cook so let them know you want it when you order your mains. No idea what the prices were here but very reasonable. My parents ate here several times and said it was great every time.

Perth
Level Contributor
91 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JBR - part 1 Lovina, August 2011

Thank you for sharing.

12. Re: JBR - part 1 Lovina, August 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:15