We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Just wondering what time we should leave Lovina to get to the airport at 4pm on a Sunday in May? (To catch a 6.15pm flight). We may need a toilet break en route for the kids. Thanks

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,663 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Personally I'd leave around 11:30am - journey time should be around 3 and a half hours without a break, but I'd always allow extra time for traffic and your toilet stops.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Thanks Happynoodleboy. We will be driving to Singaraja and Lovina from Nusa Dua, after spending time in Seminyak. Are there any particular routes and stops that you would recommend for a family with kids aged 11, 3 and 1? I'm assuming that for the trip back to the airport we will just take the quickest route with minimal stops.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,663 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

So long as the driver knows you're going straight for your flight, the driver should take the quickest route, yes.

On the way however, then there's a nice botanical garden near Bedugul, and there are also some strawberry farms where you can sample wares while looking at some stunning views. There's Bedugul market itself, and Lake Bratan with it's temple. You'll encounter some monkeys on the road usually when driving out of this area. Air Panas (hot springs) at Banjar makes for a nice hour or so (take swimsuits and towels) if you're in the area, as does Git Git waterfalls. But you may want to visit these last two places when you're in Lovina itself anyway.

4. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 19:40
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Is't strawberry farm located behind the strawbery stop restaurant? nearby to ulun danu beratan? last year in march, not much strawberry, maybe due to season? but the food at the restaurant very good and fair price. worth to give it a try

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

All our accommodation is booked apart from the last night. We were planning on getting a room near Tuban so we're close to the airport. But I've been thinking more and more about going to Lovina for the day, staying overnight and then heading straight for the airport, rather than just spending yet another day shopping around Kuta.

Our Nanny, who we love dearly and talk to regularly, is from near Singaraja. She hardly ever gets to go back to her village and see her family because she and her husband take turns to work and mind their young daughter in the south, plus they only have a motorbike to transport all 3 of them. She talks about her family a lot and I know she misses them.

I am thinking of getting a large van and taking our family plus Nanny, hubby and daughter to Singaraja/Lovina. I know she would really appreciate this, plus it would be a wonderful opportunity for my kids to see the real Bali. I haven't discussed it with her yet as I am still trying to work out the logistics and see if the idea is feasible. I don't want to get her hopes up if the plan seems too ambitious.

Even if I decide that overnight isn't the best idea, I'd still like to see the area before we leave Bali. I know my kids would like to see strawberry farms and swim near waterfalls. I've taken them to Ubud and surrounds previously, and I want the 11yo in particular to know that there is more to Bali than just touristy stuff. I'd also like to donate a whole lot of clothes before we leave Bali, and thought that maybe the people in our Nanny's village might appreciate them more than random strangers down south. I left some of my clothes and all our baby's clothes with her last time and she loved them.

Any ideas and suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers, Elle

Edited: 28 February 2012, 14:19
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

Do you have contact details for your nanny in lovina I need one soon and finding it hard to get hold of one, cheers melissa

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

this might help

http://www.filosbali.net/TimesDistances.htm

9. Re: Travel time from Lovina to Denpasar airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Lovina Beach