We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boats in Lovina

kuching
6 posts
Save Topic
Boats in Lovina

Does anyone know are the boats for dolphin watching in Lovina safe? My grandpa is 80 plus and quite fat, will the boats be safe for him?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boats in Lovina

Luen, they will be the same as the ones we hired in Amed and yes they are very safe. The floatation arms out either side of the boat make them very stable. The only problem is they are not very wide, so it depends on just how big your grandpa is. My son bought a replica one and could not sink it no matter how hard he tried in the pool. It just kept poping to the top of the water, even when he took it right down to the bottom.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boats in Lovina

Here is a photo of one of the boats about halfway down the page

…blogspot.com.au/2011/12/bali-and-phuket-201…

They are small but safe the seat are small and not very wide , just make sure you wear a life jacket and you go out about 2km. It was a good experience to watch the dolphins in their natural environment and the sunrise over the mountain of Lovina in the morning is fantastic..

kuching
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boats in Lovina

Thanks for both of your replies. I'm really looking forward to the dolphin trip, just that my mum is worried bout my grandpa.

Have any of you heard or saw really fat people going on the trip? And do you by any chance know about how wide the boat is?

Oh yeah, does the boat shake a lot while chasing the dolphins?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boats in Lovina

Sorry cannt remember how wide the boat was but there was lots of room.

There are heaps of boats going out every morning with all age groups and shapes and sizes and the boat didn't shake at all. As its so early the sea was very smooth and the trip was comfortable. Don't worry I'm sure your grandpa will be fine.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boats in Lovina

I posted a link to a photo of the boat showing how wide it is , they are narrow I guess about 40 - 50 cm there aint much room to swing around we had 5 on our boat and a driver, There was one boat which was a bit wider . It was dead smooth all morning but a slight breeze came up towards the end of the morning but nothing to worry about, take seasick pills if your not good in the ocean.

There isn't many waves around that end of Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
kuching
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boats in Lovina

Do you guys mean there are boats of different sizes to choose from? Like wider one? So we can choose a wider one if we want? My mum is still VERY worried bout the boats, cuz my grandpa has some troubles walking and she's afraid it'll be hard to go on the boat 4 him. Thx 4 replying ya.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boats in Lovina

Your grandpa may find it difficult to get into the boat. You have to lift your leg up over the side. I'm sure once in he'll be OK. The balinese guys will help as much as possible.

Hope it works out. We had a great time on the boats in Lovina.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
36 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boats in Lovina

When r u going there Luen coz I'm heading there 24 Jan 13 & maybe I can measure it for u..

Perth
Level Contributor
76 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boats in Lovina

....it's not the width of the boat that will be the problem- more his flexibility to get in and out (he will get plenty of help) and comfort during the trip.

10. Re: Boats in Lovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:15