We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Our trip at the end of this month is our last to Bali for a while. I really want to see Lovina and Gitgit, plus stop at the strawberry place on the way, but only have one day left in our itinerary.

Is Benoa-Lovina-Benoa (plus Bedugul and Gitgit) doable in one day if we're happy to leave early (around 7am) and return in the evening? I've read it's 3-4 hours each way, which obviously doesn't leave much sightseeing time, but was wondering if there are times/days when the traffic is less of a hassle, or if there are any recommended fast routes. Also, wondering whether the whole idea is crazy and we should just forget about it.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

I would NEVER do it ... too rushed ..leave at 7 will still hit plenty of traffic both ways ... the road through the middle is very narrow and slow too

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

You really don't have an option on route, so there is no way to make it faster, just slower by going the back, rough roads, lol.

It is possible, but I question if it's worth it. Leaving at 7am, stopping at Bedugal and Git and Git would get you to Lovina for lunch time. You would have a couple of hours in Lovina and then have to head back again.

Did you have anything in mind to see/do in Lovina? The reason I ask is that apart from Kalibukbuk which you can walk around, the rest of it is a more built up version of Amed, a string of fishing villages not easily accessible by foot, better by car.

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Do not try you will just spend a very long time in a car, wait until you can spend a couple of days in the area to enjoy Lovina and the dolphins and snorkel at Menjangin. Maybe go to the Water Gardens for the day.

Enjoy Bali

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

It is a lot better to take your time. Stay overnight in Lovina. You can never get a genuine impression of a place if you only pass through it.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Hello folks,

Is that to say that there's nothing much to see in Lovina itself? We will be staying in Bedugul end of March and wanted to go down to Lovina just for a look see. Come to think of it, hadn't really seen anything particular to do or see there (won't be early enough for dolphin watching and not interested to go diving). Only thing we had planned was to grab breakfast somewhere (hopefully with some kind of a view), maybe walk on the beach (interesting to see the "black" beach as opposed to Jimbaran earlier in our trip). Could you recommend some particular spot we could do this (eat and walk that is)? What are the water gardens? Anything else anyone could recommend? We have a couple of hours in the morning there then off to Gitgit and back to the mountains for lunch.

Thanks in advance!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
91 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Hi Ellebana..

For me, it is fine to do.

I would give you an idea what to see on the way there and back:

Benoa - Bedugul lake temple is about 2,5 hours.

to Munduk waterfall is another 30 minutes.

To Lovina is another 45 minutes to 1 hour.

To Git-git waterfall is 30 minutes drive.

To Strawberry / Candikuning market is 30 to 45 minutes.

To Benoa is 2,5 to 3 hours.

Note: Consider Munduk, Munduk is much better and more natural looking with a very nice path of coffee, clove, cocoa and many other plants.

Hope you like it

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. The trip in question has been and gone, and we decided to postpone Lovina for another trip. Maybe 2014 hopefully. Cheers.

8. Re: Day trip to Lovina - good or bad idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 05:16