We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

Which Lovina Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
first time

hi I am trying to picture what lovina might look like , thinking of a week in october , is it like amed? I usually stay in sanur also like candi dasa , its a long way to drive , is it worth it ? thanks in advance

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

we had a week at Lovina last May - our first time there, staying at Villa Agung, which is a couple of K's on the Singaraja side of the main Lovina Beach area. We absolutely loved it and have another 12 days coming up soon.

You don't tell us of what you like to do on your holidays, but Lovina is very quiet and laid back. Won't comment on the beaches, are we are not lay on the beach type people, but can comment that there is much to do and see in the area, and even though we had a rental car, we have a lot more area to explore next trip.

Feel free to message me with any specific questions about things to see in the area.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,322 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Lovina has black sand like Amed. There is a lot to see and do up in the north of Bali and I love it up there. Personally I do not like Lovina much and prefer to stay at Pemuteran where you can snorkel off the beach.

It will take you around 3.5 hr or more depending on traffic to drive there from airport.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

We always stay at lovina and Lao at villa agung.

In between lovina central and Singaraja.

We like to lend time walking the beach / bay, both directions.

The scenery is gorgeous. As is the dive up through bedugal and the mountain.

There are waterfalls, hot springs, dolphin watching, markets, Buddhist monastries, much to do in the area and we are never there less than a week.

The snorkeling in front of the hotel is great, even see turtles.

The food is the best in Bali.

We don't like lovina central as much.

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

Very laid back, but i loved not being hasselled buy people trying to sell you anything, its been a long time since i've been there.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time

I do like Lovina myself (Kalibukbuk area); there's no beach culture as such (which you'll be used to from Candi Dasa), no sunbeds since it's black sand and burns the soles of your feet off. There's a nice but small selection of restaurants, and a couple of nice bars with live music and a good vibe. It's an excellent chill out spot. You're not far from Git Git waterfall, the Air Panas hot springs at Banjar, and a Buddhist temple.

You can turn the journey there into a little tour by stopping off at Lake Bratan or Bedugul markets; your driver will appreciate the cig break.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time

we have stayed at both and personally I prefer Amed...we were at jemuluk (Blue Star) and 1000 dreams in lovina...both cheap and on the water...BUT snorkelling off the beach at Amed,jukung trips and the feeling of living in a fishing village.Lovina is more spread out and feels more like a little "city"

7. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:17