We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Beaches - where to go?

London
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Beaches - where to go?

Hi,

Going to Bali in October and looking for somewhere to stay aside from Ubud. Would like to go somewhere with a great beaches, white sands and clear blue sea... something a bit like THailand. Does this exist in Bali? If so, are there any beaches like this where you can avoid the crowds?

Going around in circles trying to find somewhere, have looked at Lovina, Amed etc but not sure they are what I'm looking for. Can anyone suggest anything or am I expecting too much?

Cheers!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

Sanu;r is nice, also Candidasa.

Hire a guide or contact one at least and let them give you some info. We have been to Bali twice and use Merta both time, knowledgeable and reasonable.

mertagct@telekom.net

s'pore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

Hi, AliGreen

Candidasa with white sand is very beautiful beaches, quite and good for snorkeling. Rama candidasa hotel with beach front very nice quite place for holiday. I have been there last year with my local friends who assist me a lot for good hotel deals. You can also get good rate from them, just search at yahoo with bali traveling you will get them on first page.

Good luck

North Wales/Chester
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

I think Sanur is a beautiful beach,white sand,blue sea and a very long stretch of beach that you can stroll all the way along. A lot of the beaches in Bali dont have this powder sand,I recommend here.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

White sand and calm water = Nusa Dua.

Specifically the stretch of beach between the Hyatt to the Ayoda and all the way to the Amannusa beach area. The beach here is protected by an offshore reef, which creates crystal blue calm ocean. This is a much nicer stretch of beach than the side of Nusa Dua that goes to Benoa which, like Sanur, is blighted by stone breakwaters.

The hotels are quite reasonable. You can also just use the beach. The Yasa Segara village beach concesson runs a nice little cafe and rents beach chairs, with full beverage and food service, for 20,000 rps/day.

Further down the beach towards the Nikko, is another village concession called Geger. Its very popular will local expats. They allow topless sunbathing and have a cafe with drink and food. The beach here is not as nice as the Hyatt area, but still very good.

Second best is Jimbaran from the Intercontinental to the Jimbaran Puri Bali Hotel.

Other great interesting sandy beaches are Balangan, Dreamland, Kutu, all a bit remote.

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

I travel to Bali from the USA every two months. I have spent a lot of time on the beaches and I find the northeastern area very quiet and very private. The beaches are not white sand beaches but shell covered. It really depends on what you are looking for. The area is named Tulumben and is a hot spot for snorkeling and scuba diving. Not much else to do there besides spend time in the water. Good luck in your search.

G.Mouser

6. Re: Bali Beaches - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Anturan
More Anturan Topics