We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

Little Rock
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

Does anyone have info about what it is like sleeping in hammocks in the park in Feb/March?

Are they out in the open or like in a dorm room?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

Hi

It is just a roof with poles, and hammocks hung on poles. Each hammock has its own mosquito net.

It is like an open air dormitory. Zero intimacy for sure.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
429 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

I did one night in a hammock at the end of Jan 2014. It was huge fun. I am a sole female traveller aged 50+ and felt very happy in my hammock. I was very comfortable & got a good nights sleep. There are lockers with keys nearby. The 'hammock house' is an open sided structure with a thatched roof. There is a toilet/shower block nearby (very clean) with wonderful icy cold water (trust me - that's exactly what you need!!).

I stayed in Arecefis (I don't think that's the correct spelling). It was definitely the cleanest campsite that I saw. Some of the others looked very scruffy. I don't know if the others had hammocks.

I did my hike down to Tayrona early in the morning & went straight to the campsite & booked my hammock straight away. This was also helpful as I was able to offload my bag/food/drink etc into my locker. I also had my first (of many) showers before I headed off to explore the beaches etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

A follow up question: what do you do with valuables when sleeping in hammocks? I will have a $1,500 camera and assume I will just need to snuggle with it....

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

Hi inorv9

As Newmorton mentioned, there are lockers. From that point, use your street smarts to decide wether you can safely use the locker or not.

5. Re: Tayrona National Park - sleeping in hammocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Tayrona National Park