We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

is Mont Vernon still as bad as past reviews say ? Looking at vacation rentals in Mont Vernon or Nettle Bay and can't decide.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

It is not a matter of being a bad area. They are both fine if it is what you are looking for. As you may know the uinits are now condominiums. The conditions of the various units is a matter for each owner. I do not know the ones to recommend or the ones to avoid. Hopefully you'll get some feedback here. You could try traveltalkonline and gobeach forums for additional information.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

Thankyou for your reply . It's so hard making a decision on where to stay from so far away . I know that Mont Vernon was a hotel complex at one time and that it is now individual condo's . What I 've read is that the complex is huge and that some of the units are still in quite bad disrepair and that some units are beautiful but the grounds are bad and parking at the bottom of a hill ? behind the complex is a concern , safety wise . Some of these comments are from a while back so I was wondering if work is ongoing and if things are improving as more people renovate .

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

You could post on the two sites I mentioned and if you don't get any current information then I say why risk it?

Edited: 17 July 2010, 17:32
allentown pa
Level Contributor
222 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

mt vernon is further away than nettle bay. there is a lot more beach space and less unit per square foot than mount vernon. i am probably biais here since i own a unit at nettle bay ( in fact it is listed on this web site under vacation rentals). also i believe that mount vernon is older. i had to decide between both wanting to buy in st- martin on mont vernon and nettle bay as they were both former hotels on the beach.

new york
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

Have stayed at Nettle- each unit is individually owned so make sure you get one that has been remodeled- good location for Marigot, and Baie Rouge- great pizza place- Drive in Pizza just across the strret- we rented from VRBO- send me a private message and I can give you the link for her units which were very nice she has a few.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

Take Bobcats advice and post on traveltalkonline.com inquiring about Mt. Vernon. It's getting great reviews on that forum as many have recently stayed there. If you are looking for a great beach, Nettle Bay does not have it.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

Their are some positives to the Nettle Bay area - three of the islands best beaches are just minutes away, Long -Red - Prune. Some nice restaurants also moments away, upscale area around the hotels, minutes from Marigot and from the Dutch side. Strip mall of shops, cafe, market.

8. Re: Nettle Bay or Mont Vernon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten
Recent Conversations