We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to buy as gifts

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
What to buy as gifts

I'll be shopping for french wines to bring home as gifts. Does anyone have any other recommendations for things that are unique to St Maarten/St Martin that can be brought home as gifts?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to buy as gifts

visitstmaarten.com/stmaartenspecialties.php…

LuLu & Mahogany Shops and more......

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to buy as gifts

Ma Doudou Flavored Rums are unique to the island (made in the Cul de Sac area on the French Side) and can be purchased around the island. They have a multitude of flavors, are enjoyed immensely, and come in unique painted glass or plastic bottles, large and small. I ALWAYS bring home this as a gift for my friends. Flavors include but are not limited to Mango, Vanilla, Banana, and so many more and can be used for many recipes as well as consuming.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to buy as gifts

Over on the Dutch Side Guavaberry is the island drink unique to the island...so do bring home a few bottles in addition to the French Side Ma Dou Dou....

http://www.guavaberry.com/

...and maybe a few bottles of the hot sauces.....

new york
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What to buy as gifts

We always go to SXM in Nov & buy a wheel of Gouda cheese & then we make Gift baskets for x-mas for our friends- wedge of Gouda, French Wine, Baguette etc.... everyone loves them

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to buy as gifts

That's a GREAT idea!

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to buy as gifts

Last time i was there brought some banana liquor home with a whole banana in the bottle good gift...

Safe travels...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
886 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to buy as gifts

Dont know where you can find it on St. maarten but if you can find it, pick up a unique liquor ifrom Saba called "Saba Spice". Its very rich and sweet, and makes a very unique gift cause its produced in Saba.

Maybe someone here knows if you can pick up a bottle of this stuff anywhere in SXM?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to buy as gifts

Take back an all over tan and a happy smile; it's free, requires no packaging, goes through customs without a hitch, and no one feels obligated to top that one when they go away.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to buy as gifts

Ahh...but if customs requires an inspection of such a unique gift, me thinks there may be a problem...lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to buy as gifts

Body scanners???

Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten