We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Caribbean

Indianapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Eastern Caribbean

We are trying to decide to cruise to the eastern caribbean or to the canal area. I have been told that the eastern is very dirty and much more expensive.

Which area would be the best for the money?

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastern Caribbean

I have friends who cruise twice a year and their preference is to see the eastern islands. They did the canal and yes it was an experience but they continuously do the eastern islands.

What I would recommend is choose a cruise and then go to the chatroom of each stop you will be making and ask what is the best way to see that island. Many cruise ships offer tour packages and this is NOT really the way to see the true island. Find the best tour guide from each island and hire them. They will take you to the places that highlight what makes that island beautiful. For SXM, I would recommend Joyce Prince to take you around. She makes an itinerary that best highlights what you are looking for.

2. Re: Eastern Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten