We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Hello!

We are staying for 2 weeks end of March.

I'm looking to rent a car for a week to 10 days. My main priorities are $$, reputable agency and convenience for pick up and drop off near or in Maho.

Any recommendations? thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
983 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Hertz may have a desk in Maho. Email the hotel & ask them or call Hertz. Their rates include 3rd party liability

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

I believe that Hertz does have a desk at Maho but if not, they definitely have a desk a Royal Islander La Plage next door. They will sign you up right there. They are not the cheapest but they are reputable and that's important. It couldn't be move convenient for you being that your in Maho.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,629 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

hertz.sxmrentacar.com/…

Yes, according to the Hertz Sint Maarten website they do have a desk at Sonesta Maho. We use them and recommend them. You can book with a discounter and still get the liability coverage in the rate quoted.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Thanks everyone!! your comments are most helpful.

Cheers :)

Hartford
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Beware....Who ever you rent from you must be very focused. Just got back from a wonderful trip only to have it turn into a nightmare when we returned the car. Whatever you do, make sure every little mark and ding is recorded. Make sure the locks work and anything else that should be working works. Read what they write down as broken or not broken. Whatever you do, do not leave your car when you return it until it has been signed off on. Do not let them distract you. I do not recommend Thrifty.

Lawrenceville...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Here is a few for you that I have used and never had a problem with.

http://www.unitycars.com/

http://www.hlcars.com/

http://www.sxm-cars.com/aaa/index.html

IMO, I would stay away from Thrifty and Kenny's. Kenny has higher prices than anyone else on the Island and not much of a selection.

You can get a better selection of cars with the above links as well as better prices.

Thrifty has a bad reputation of scamming people. Just look around on here and you'll see the posts..

Good luck and have fun.

NJ
Level Contributor
543 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Last year we stayed in Maho and rented from Kenny's Car Rental and we are going again this year and will, most likely, rent from Kenny's again. Car gets dropped to you and Leslie is a good guy to deal with.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,483 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

Kenny's is the most highly regarded rental agency on the island.

Lavallette, NJ
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

I would agree as well. Although one would not have to rent from them, Kenny's should be an option because of the service they provide. Let the buyer decide on price but leave them on the table as they are considered one of the top 3 agencies.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
429 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for car rental recommendations - staying in Maho

We have used Dollar/Thrifty for many years. We have been extremely happy with them. All my family and friends use them. They are the best car rental we have ever used, and Ive been coming to the island over 15 years.

www.thriftycarrentalsxm.com. Ask to speak to Vic or Jag and tell them that Bob and Carol from Hartford recommended you. They will give you the best rates.

Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten