We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in st. maarten

New Haven...
1 post
Save Topic
car rental in st. maarten

Help! I am trying to find a rental car in st. maarten for september....every company ive looket at ace...thrify....tropicana...have all had terrible reviews and mostly out of date reviews...anyone rented a car recently in st. maarten?

83 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in st. maarten

This will be my 3rd time to St Maarten (we leave 8/6) and I have always rented from Tropical Tropicana...Mickey is great and never any issues with the company or vehicles! Good Luck and have a great trip!

2. Re: car rental in st. maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 July 2011, 22:05

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental in st. maarten

We booked through Unity Car Rental and got a great rate and our car was in perfect condition. We added on a second driver with no problem. They were waiting for us with a van at the airport when we arrived and whisked us off to their lot close to the airport. When we returned the car they took us straight to the airport, dropped us at the curb and helped with our luggage every step of the way. I will use them again on our next trip and I highly recommend them. Contact Michael at Unity: unitycarrental@yahoo.com

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
540 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental in st. maarten

Also, Empress is a very good and reliable company. Good rates and, if you're renting for more than 10 days, they throw in the insurance for free.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental in st. maarten

Always consistent great reviews:

Kennys

AAA

Unity

Thinking of renting from Thrifty/RentA Wreck? Read this first:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1606589-i15357-k3…

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental in st. maarten

By EMPRESS 10 DAY+ rental , do you mean ALL the insurance is thrown in ?

i.e. both the CDW/LDW and LIABILITY ??

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
118 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental in st. maarten

We always use St Louis Car rental. Marius is so dependable and his rates are very competitive.We have travelled to St Martin many times and are very pleased with the cars that that he provides.

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
118 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental in st. maarten

We always use St Louis Car rental. Marius is so dependable and his rates are very competitive.We have travelled to St Martin many times and are very pleased with the cars that that he provides.

Plainfield, IL
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental in st. maarten

My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and rented from Avis, no problems at all with them and would use them again. I don't know how there rates compare to others since the car rental was included in our vacation package. The person who took care of us was very friendly and helpful. He asked us a few questions about what kinds of things we wanted to do on vacation and made some very good recommendations of restaurants and places to visit that we checked out and were very happy with.

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
346 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car rental in st. maarten

We have always used Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental in St. Maarten. They are fantastic. Their facility is beautiful, service is amazing, cars are great, and rates are really cheap. I would strongly recommend using them. Email the manager Jag at jagjpersaud@sxmthrifty.com to get great rates. Tell him we recommended you!

Reply to: car rental in st. maarten
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten