We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

We are looking for a place to take our 4- 20 something year olds for a graduation gift/vacation and wondering if St Maarten has enough to offer activity and nighlife wise. We're looking for either a 3 bedroom villa with pool or a 3 br condo with amenities, on the beach. Planning to travel in May. I'm also looking at the Bahamas and St Thomas. I would really appreciate any opinions, suggestions, etc...I'm drowning in internet information!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

We rented a 3bdrm villa "La Favorita" in Terra Basses area of St. Martin through Luxury Retreats last May.Though it was not on the beach it had spectacular views and was walking distance to several beaches.This is a gated community with guards posted at the front entrance. Felt really safe.The villa was so much better than we had hoped for.Going back again this May staying in the same area but a different villa.Luxury Retreats did a great job on planning our stay there. Had a french chef come into our villa to cook an amazing dinner one night. Great central location!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

Thank you! I'll look into Luxury Retreats. Could you find activities close by? My husband and sons golf and the girls play tennis and we all scuba and love water sports. Worried about them getting bored. I'd be happy with a book and a view!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

The golf course is nearby but looks more like a cow pasture.Lots of water activities to experience. I played tennis there 20yrs ago but it was part of my resort I was staying with but I have to think there is courts for you to use. You could spend a couple of days at Orient beach..20yr old would love it. Hang out a Sunset Beach Cafe and watch all the planes land right above your head is unbelievable. Shopping at Phillisburg and great restaurants at Grand Case. We are going to try zip lining and hiking this year.Each day you can you can venture out and have a fun. A car is a must...just driving there is an adventure! We are staying at Grand Bleu villa in Terra Basses this year which is a 4 bdrm but you can rent it as a 2,3,or 4 bdrm. It sits high above the ocean and you can watch the cruise ships sail by at night with all there lights on. May is the low season so the rates are cheaper for the villa's and the island is not as crowded. The weather is perfect that time of year.The most important factor for us was feeling secure and safe where we decided to finally stay and Terra Basses offers that, A brand new grocery store nearby is convenient.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

Have you tried VRBO.com? May find something to suit your needs. many listings also have reviews. If you like sailing, try the 12 metre challenge out of P'Burg, great time for all. The golf course is nothing like most Caribbean courses, LOL, but many visitors play. There is also Temenos on Anguilla (quite expensive) if you really want a great golf day.

5. Re: 2 parents, 4-20 year olds!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:31