We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach for one day

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach for one day

We will be on a cruise ship and on island for one day. What is the best beach for one day? We prefer calm seas, crystal clear water, etc. French or Dutch side.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach for one day

Pinel or Orient are the best in my book. Especially Pinel for clear calm waters. Both French side.

Yukon, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach for one day

Best beach with calm water definitely Pinel. Orient can be pretty rough sometimes

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach for one day

Karakter on Simpson Bay Beach: http://www.karakterbeach.com/

Caracas
Level Contributor
700 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach for one day

No doubt: Pinel Island. In my opinion, the best beach in the island. Calm and crystal clear water, not crowded, reaaly good attention from the beach bars/restaurants, great view.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach for one day

Mullet bay beach with a stop at Maho beach on the way back to check out the planes coming in (majority of the big jets land between 1:00 and 3:00 pm)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach for one day

Pinel is the prettiest .. You must take the 9am ferry and spend your entire day at this gorgeous beach :) enjoy

Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach for one day

Orient !! Hands Down!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach for one day

There are so many beautiful beaches that it's difficult to choose. Pinel is my favorite. If it's your first time on St. Maarten though, I would suggest Orient. Lots of beach bars. If you like it quieter, Pinel with Karibuni for lunch.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beach for one day

Just returned from one day visit off cruise ship. We were the only cruise ship at port that day so it may have help with less crowds. We rented a car and our car rental guy recommended Le Galion so that was our first stop. It was our least favorite as the water was yellowish, not clear turqoise blue that we found after we left. Our next stop was Orient Bay which was the deep blue water we were looking for. Nice beach but fairly crowded. Found out later that Orient was the beach the cruise ship tour dropped folks off at. So we headed up and over to Grand Case for lolos lunch, which was great. Our last beach was by far the best... Mullet Bay. Absolutely beautiful and NOT crowded! We bargained with one of the owners for chairs and umbrellas and got him to rent us 4 chairs, umbrellas and snorkel gear for 2 for 20 bucks total. Would highly recommend Mullet Bay.

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Beach for one day

Mullet is a wonderful beach to visit for the day but keep in mind that the water conditions can vary from day to day at this beach. When the waters are slightly rough, Mullet may not be the beach you want. I have seen it like a bathtub but other days way too rough. If you want to be guaranteed no waves, then Pinel would be the choice. If you are wanting to take your chances, then Mullet or Simpson Bay Beach would be the choices. Don't forget that the beach in Philipsburg is lovely and calm as well. If you are not wanting to go far, the beach right off of the cruise docks in Philipsburg is a nice choice too.

Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten