We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Ionia, Michigan
11 posts
Save Topic
Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Has anyone heard of Vista Al Puerto (1 bedroom condo) in Point Blanche? Is this a ok place to stay and what road or address. We have been to St Maarten several times but never stayed in this area. Any info would be appreciated...Thanks

St. Maarten-St...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Pool should be finished by Christmas. Temps in St Maarten in January range from 23-29 degrees Celsius, with mostly sunny skies and gentle Caribbean breezes. It's always gorgeous here! Come on down!

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Carlos,

My husband I will be there Feb1-8. The rest of our family will be on Maho Beach on the French side.

How far away is that? Is there a bus system on the Island? Is there a web site with resort photos available? How far is resort from closest beach

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Mitzi,

My children and I stayed at Vista Al Puerto back in February for a week. Carlos and Jackie are incredible people! They took great care of us during our stay. I booked this condo with NO pictures available and NO rec's either, a bit scared but sooooo worth it! You MUST rent a car, as there is no bus transportation. It only took 10 minutes to get to downtown Phillipsburg and maybe 20 to Maho beach. Watching the planes take off and land is another must for sure! We drove over to the French side and went zip lining at Loterie Farms. Fantastic! I have personal photos of Vista Al Puerto if you would like to see them. GREAT views and very nice accommodations.

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

I would love to see pictures. My email is mmcgarr2538@hotmail.com. Thanks for the information. Mitzi

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Just sent a bunch to you!

Columbus Oh
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Was it hard to get to the beach and find parking? What is the closest nice beach with parking? and finally - is the pool completed? Thank you!

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

I received an email that stated the pool should be completed around now. It was not hard to get to the beach, about a 10 minute drive. Parking, however, was a serious issue. I always parked up on the main street and just walked a couple of blocks.

Columbus Oh
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Thank you for the information! The last time we were in SXM we stayed on the beach and didn't have a car - so was interested in how this vacation would compare when having to drive to the beach, Thanks again!

Guilford...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

This is a fantastic place. Situated on a hill overlooking the harbor "vista al Puerto" and the surrounding hills. We had the Hibiscus suite and it was perfect for just the two of us. The pool is well designed and slopes down as it you were walking into the water from a beach. Great design with an "infinity" spill over at the deep end. I can not say enough about the property managers. They were the best, and even helped me with a problem I had with our rental car. The tourism maps that are handed out are insufficient for really getting around the island. I bought a "real" map in Philipsburg ... not cheap, but worth it.

The trip to Pinel Island was worth the price and an interesting island, but the trip to Anguilla was not so nice. The exit fees were a killer and you had to take a taxi to get anywhere. I'ld skip that island.

All in all we would come back to Vista al Puerta in a heart beat.

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Vista Al Puerto in Point Blanche

Hi there, I'm thinking of going there this Sept. Can u send some pictures of this resort or hotel and maybe some pictures of the front and back beach next store or view. Thanks sherry smith SSmith4818@aol.com