We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenny's car rental

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Kenny's car rental

I've been trying to book a rental car through Kenny's as it seems to be one of the most recommended companies to go with. I can't reach anyone on the phone number and there isn't even a message at the end. I've also emailed and heard nothing back. Is it still in business? Does anyone have other suggestions? I'm nervous after reading so many bad reviews on different car rental companies...

67 replies to this topic
Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenny's car rental

Check your spam folder. Some ISP's block email from SXM. If you don't hear back, PM me your contact info and I'll get it to Lesley.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenny's car rental

Lesley is very much in business. We just booked our January/ February rental car with him a couple of days ago. All correspondence was via email. Just be patient, it is worth the wait.

Alex and Jo Ann

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenny's car rental

he's definitely still in business

pm sxmlover

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenny's car rental

Checked my spam. Nothing... I sent another e-mail. If I don't hear back I will PM you. Thanks for your help!

NY, NY
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenny's car rental

I just received a quote from Kenny's for $280 for the week of 12/31 through 1/6. Does this seem reasonable to folks or should I be looking for a better deal?

gaylord
Level Contributor
49 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenny's car rental

We are returning to St Maarten for the 4th time. We have rented from Budget every time and they have been great! We got 12 days for 264$. In fact last time I forgot a dress for my grandaughter under the seat and when I got home I called. They sent it to me and even payed for the shipping!

Mentioned in this post
Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenny's car rental

There are many other companies to rent a car. Most all are very competative. Why bother going through a third person to book your car for you. If you can't contact a company directly look into another company. I have always used Hertz as many others on this sight have and have always been happy with service and price.

Rocky Mountains
Level Contributor
30 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kenny's car rental

I had the same problem reaching Kenny's so I rented a car from Dwayne at Unity. Excellent service, great rates and no trouble at all with the car. They have a toll free number at this site: st-maarten.com/index.php/unity-car-rental.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
123 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kenny's car rental

When you called did you use the 721 area code or the old 599.

I have always used Kennys and have heard bad things about Hertz.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kenny's car rental

We just got back from St. Maarten and have used Kenny's car rental for the third time. Leslie has been wonderful! All we do is e-mail and he gets back to us. We had a question while over there...e-mailed him...got an answer within hours. Leslie makes it very convenient to pick up and return the car. Read an old series of e-mails and had to laugh when one person mentioned having the car with the R1 license plate. We've had that car each of the three times. She is a trooper and, as one person accurately put it, she will NOT win a beauty contest.

We've used other car rental agencies in St. M. in the past. One year we paid more and found out there were holes in the floor board under the passenger's feet. Needless to say, we had rain that week and I had to keep my feet up!

Loved Kenny's...looking forward to working with him again on our next visit.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Kenny's car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted