We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

Hi we are going to the Westin Dawn Beach on 1/4 - 1/11. Have been to the island many times but never stayed in the Dawn Beach area. Are there any tips regarding what room to request (type and location), where to eat cheaply (no need to mention Busbys, already on list) and nearby things of interest. Any other things I need to know about staying at the Westin Dawn Beach?

Thanks

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

Definitely request an ocean front room. (goes without saying) I don't know exactly what ocean front rooms are better than others.

Big Fish is a great restaurant as well as Canoa both within walking distance of Busbys/Daniels. Across the Marina on the French side (3 minute drive there are some fun restaurants. Dinghy Docks (very casual) and also Mama's Pizza.

Big Fish and Canoa a little pricey.

Oyster Bay Beach Resort has a fun Happy Hour 4-6 2 for 1 drinks.

Those are our Favs in that area.

Have fun!

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

I'm staying there soon and wondering if it is worth renting a car. I've read it is out of the way from everything including restaurants. I'm spending a lot of money on the room during peak season so I'm trying to budget the rest of the trip. I'm perfectly content on just relaxing at the beach and pool at the hotel. I'm going solely for relaxation. Also are there any cheap restaurants nearby? How are the restaurants at the hotel? Thanks.

3. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 January 2013, 02:35
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

I can not imagine going to St. Martin and not renting a car. You can rent an economy car from pay less or Kennys for approx $200.00 per week.

The restaurants at the hotel are pricey.

Right around the corner from the Westin is Busbys by day(beach bar, breakfast and lunch) which becomes Daniels by night. Good food reasonably priced. In same area is Big Fish and Canoa. Both really good but a little more expensive. Around the pond are Mamas pizza and Dinghy Docks both reasonable. There are a lot of other restaurants in that area as well. About 10 min away is Grand Case which has a whole street of awesome restaurants. Some pricey or you can get LoLo food plates which are very reasonable.

Many restaurants in Phillipsburg about 20 minutes away.

Also I found the beach in front of the Westin rocky. With a car you have over 37 gorgeous beaches to choose from.

Mullet by the airport being one of my favorites.

Taxis are very expensive. You will probably spend over $40 just getting to and from the airport (probably more).

Harwich Port...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

I would rent a car. So many fun places to visit. You are kind of isolated at the Westin. Dinghy Dock and Mr. Busby's are pretty reasonably priced for food.

Edited: 23 January 2013, 17:37
6. Re: Questions re: Westin Dawn Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten
Recent Conversations