We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Beach

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Beach

Planning a beach day to Orient Beach during our June vacation. Will have my young spirited 70 yr old mom with us She has some issues walking and will be getting a knee replacement upon our return. She doesn't require a cane but she can't walk long distances. Is there a specific place I can drop her off ( we'll have a car) to limit the amount of walking she will need to do on the beach? We will be going to the clothing side.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Beach

Good for her. I think that dropping her at Bikini at the bottom of Orient Village will work, but you will get better advice from the experts. I hope she has a great time.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Beach

Bikini would be a good choice as there is a wooden walkway she could walk on to give her a closer access to the beach chairs that are usually well spaced apart.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Beach

There is also a mostly wooden/paved pathway to Le String, Aloha area.

4. Re: Orient Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten