We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion appreciated

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,194 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion appreciated

We have 1 day on your beautiful island, from cruise ship. Would like to taxi, maybe and see what the island looks like. Stop for a lunch that reflects the cultures your island, prior to returning to the ship.

Is taxi the best wat to do this, any $$ idea and suggestions are most welcome as to were to have lunch.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion appreciated

Taxi fares can mount up. Maybe you can work out a group tour using a taxi for a set rate.

------------------------

Our favorite breakfast place also serves lunch. La Croissanterie in the Marina Port La Royale, Marigot, the best croissants on the island, fresh, hot, right out of the oven, full B & L menu with water views.

-----------------------------

www.best-stmartin.com/detail.asp…

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion appreciated

we had a wonderful private taxi tour through joyce prince ~ $125. for the 2 of us for 6 hours, wherever you want to go. you can check out joyce's website for details. we had a lovely lunch at a restaurant in marigot that served one of the best pizzas i've ever had and fantastic mojito. all i remember is a sign i saw when i looked back, "delas", not sure if that was the name of the restaurant or not. recommend asking driver to stop in at paradise view restaurant (french side) for great view and visit bernadine's rum stand (she rescues animals)...there's also some vendors. we didn't eat there but heard the food is very good...beautiful setting.

Edited: 30 March 2013, 20:20
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion appreciated

I would take a cab to Orient Beach for $20.00-- great spot to spend the day. Lots of shops, restaurants, bars, spa etc etc

You can find a cab back to the ship with ease.

4. Re: Suggestion appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 05:16